Extremely disappointed at this hotel, so much so - I am still here and feel the need to get this off my chest.
Let me start with a positive however - the food is absolutely excellent. I have not had one bad meal here. Positives over...
The price. Admittedly, we were a last minute booking, so were thankful to get a room. We arrived at the weekend and seen how busy this hotel was. So were not really too bothered about paying a higher price. However, come Sunday the place is DEAD! And it is completely unacceptable that they would even consider charging the same rate during the week. Especially for the shoebox room we have been given.
The service - rude, very few English speakers, unhelpful, bad manners and they just don't care about what you want/need/request.
The ski slope. So excited was I to be on my first ski holiday... My first go up the slope and I had to wait 45 minutes around rude, pushing people to get onto the drag lift (as no chair lift was open - which made no sense as every other chair lift in the Mzaar resort was). When I approached one of the lift "attendants" about doing something about the organisation if the queue. He laughed, shrugged his shoulders and said "what should I do." uhhh, your job...? In addition, the entrance to the drag lift was on a downward slope meaning the huge crowd of pushing people were just crashing in and on top of each other. Including kids, who were getting hurt... Still, the attendants did not care... I eventually made it to the lift to where I noticed the attendant issuing the drag lifts had to bang to have this released. As my drag lift pulled away, he banged the pole which the lower right into my head. Leaving me knocked out, with a 3 inch bump and graze on my head. Complete disaster...
The ski lifts never seem to operate during the week and I certainly will not get on their drag lift again with the incompetent people that run it. So every day I have to walk to the main Mzaar resort, despite having booked this hotel for it's convenient location to the entry of the slope.
Everything about the leisure facilities in the hotel is inconvenient. The heated swimming pool is freezing cold, there are limited changing facilities by the pool, no lockers, the sauna is In The spa (basement of the hotel)' the jacuzzi u have to pay for...
The wi-fi? Firstly it wasn't working for the first 2 days, hotel staff didn't know or care when it would be working again. Then, when it did start to work? 5 dollars for half an hour or 35 dollars for a day. Absolute joke to be charged at such a ridiculous rate! In every 5 star establishment I've ever stayed in, this is complimentary. Oh, and it logs itself out every few minutes.
Im also injured from skiing yesterday and was pushed over the edge earlier today when a bumbling staff member told me the lobby was closed. Why? No idea... But I was sitting quietly on my ipad when i got asked to leave as it was closing. Now have to sit in my shoe box of a room. Might I add, it's 11am.
Nothing about the hotel is 5 star. The hotel itself is nice, but 4 star quality, never 5. I highly would urge people give this place a miss. There are lots of lovely self catering apartments near by which I would absolutely use next time.
Oh, and the ski slope doesn't give out maps to the slopes! And they don't really care about giving u some sort of idea how to get around. So good luck with getting round the slopes if u do come...
Not worth the money. Bad service all round. Poor facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amid the peaks of Mount Lebanon, InterContinental Mountain Resort & Spa, Mzaar is a family-friendly getaway offering year-round recreation. Skiing, snowmobiling, climbing, hiking, biking, rafting and ATV ing join a long list of sightseeing musts such as the Fagra ruins, the Jeita Grotto, the Phoenician temple and the famed Casino du Liban. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mzaar Mountain Hotel Kfardebian
- Intercontinental Mzaar Mountain Resort And Spa
- InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa Lebanon/Kfardebian