InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa
MzaarViews Chalets(Kfardebian)
Agoda.com
Dome(Kfardebian)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsintercontinental mzaarmountain resortbreakfast buffet isindoor poolf bsnow seasondirect accessski tripin housewill visit againhotel lobby iswinter resortgreat restauranthigh seasonlebanonskiingmountains
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We were immediately upgraded upon arrival with a fruit basket in the room. The breakfast is beyond superb but no air-conditioning in the restaurant. But it was unusually hot during that month. The heat was unexpected really. Beautiful rooms & excellent food in all their restaurants. The pool and spa are very nice. All staff extremely cordial and helpful. I would stay there again and again and again

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The hotel has an amazing location with direct access to the slopes. However, a 5 star Intercontinental it is not. In summary, the rooms and common areas could definitely use a refurbishment. Don't be surprised to find broken handles, showers, etc. During peak winter times, the service becomes quite horrible as they are clearly understaffed. Not sure why they don't hire extra staff during that period, especially when the hotel rates are 3 times as much.

During one particular stay in February I had a series of issues related to poor and non responsive service; complaints led nowhere as no one was willing to listen or do anything about it. Bear in mind that I was paying $400 per night for a regular room. To summarize:
- Someone's luggage was delivered and left in my room by mistake; contacted the operator and no one picked up, went to front desk and they were too busy, even when I grabbed hold of one of the staff to inform them, they told me to just leave the bags in the lobby.
- Condition of the bath room was poor: some broken items such as a broken shower handle, drainage that doesn't work, etc.
- No hand towels were provided in the room, and housekeeping were not answering the phone.
- Baby crib was not provided, although I requested for it at booking and at check-in. I had to call front desk three times to eventually receive it at 9PM.
- No towels were available at the indoor swimming pool! After waiting for more than an hour, we had housekeeping bring bath robes instead.

Being an ex-Priority Club Platinum member, I submitted a formal complaint to PC with details; however, never heard back from anyone.

I did go again in March, and the service was better since the occupancy was quite low. But this is no excuse for a 5 star...

Room Tip: Avoid peak winter times.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ZedDubai
Reviewed February 20, 2011

First of all, i stayed there with my BFF and our bed was huge! I was amazed by the quality of the rooms. Eventho in Lebanon, service was absolutely European. If you are going for ski/snowboarding theres a private slope two steps, literally attached to the hotel! And they have events there with cool music, and ski/snowboard shows. Loved it ! The food in all restaurants was excellent also. Apart from all theses, theres bowling, cinema and indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TazyGirl2001
Reviewed February 6, 2011

It is the Most Over-Rated Hotel I've been to, takes advantage of being solo in location!

service is crap, housekeeping is rude, they never pick up the phones, the rooms are waaaay below standards of anything 5 star I've been to.

We asked to change rooms and we were given an upgrade, as well as a free bottle of sparkling wine, but though that was sweet, it didn't compensate for the 600$ + per night.

there was also a confrerence there so there was no access to the pool and the jacuzzi was by reservations only.

the best thing about it is its location, other than that its a 3 star hotel at best

check out the pictures I've uploaded to know what I'm talking about it

to get the gist of my review, check out the photos of the extra bed we ordered

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank sabrih
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My friends & I have stayed in this hotel for the second time for our ski vacation. The hotel enjoys an excellent location with its own ski slope. We stayed in the presidential suites, which is a two bedrooms suite with a two and a half bathrooms. Everything in the suite was spacious and clean including the bathrooms (though some of the bathrooms accessories looked like they have been used up). The hotel provided a very good service with a friendly staffs’ attitude. The quality of the food was excellent and offers a variety to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends