“Top!”
Review of La Creperie

La Creperie
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Jounieh
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant apparently has a Lebanese menu and a French menu in two separate areas.
We went for the French one and Jesus we did a great choice.
The view, the food, the wine, the service, the quality is all top.
A great Sunday lunch destination for family and couples.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (150)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being a history enthusiast, the place has captured my attention, I was first reading about the history of the place and i traced the old house to around the year 1800 belonging to the El-Khazen family, and has been in the family ever since, they turned it into a restaurant and a french crepe place after visiting Paris in the 60s so they opened the place near 1968 as locals told me, this is one point for preserving heritage...

Apparently the place is still under the management of the Khazen family, going from one generation to another, the overall management is great, you get greeted at the door and escorted to your table, the staff are very friendly and welcoming, and the service is swift. so that's another point..
The Food & taste.I intended to order food of two kinds, the one that should always be fresh like Tabbouleh and Hummus, and food that is what i call "sensitive & delicate", like Taouk chicken, cheese rolls, and Makanek, reheat those plates and you go from great to something that tastes like rubber, impressively the greens were so greeny and all tabbouleh ingredients were fresh and smells just perfect, while the chicken was perfectly grilled, not raw, not too crispy, so here is a third point...

One trick i always pull from my hat when trying to evaluate and review a place is ordering something that is not on the menu, but also easy to prepare. The restaurant menu had fries, i ordered grilled potato slices with skin and salt, the waiter instantly replied that it is not on the menu but he will ask the chef to prepare it, and they did ans it tasted great! which is awesomely creative, and shows that the staff are very well trained, so here is point number 4One major addition to the creativity part comes with the creativity on the menu itself, after we finished dinner, the manager "Selim" (a great guy) came and explained all the options for sweets, going through the ingredients of each dish, what grabbed my attention was the Maamoul with cheese and chocolate and caramel dips that is baked on site!, again this is a "dangerous mix" because the ingredients are not so "homogeneous" one error in the preparation and you go from great taste to terrible experience, yet again, the result was mouth watering, turned out that melted cheese has some serious elasticity capacity! Yumm Yumm. (PS: If you are to be a copy-cat for this trick at other places be my guest, yet make sure you don't ask for things that are hard to prepare or require special ingredients or equipment) haha! :) .

The view and location of the place is amazing, whether you are in the restaurant, the garden or the cafe, it overlooks Jounieh bay with a great sea view, the assorted playlist adding to the mood is an extra. so this piles up to 5 points in total..
I'm still to try the French/ western restaurant indoors on another visit so stay tuned!
meanwhile, if you have guests, expats on vacation, or tourists and you would like to brag about Lebanese food and service, La Crêperie is the place to take them!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

went for a dinner to celebrate our friend’s birthday. The place is very nice with amazing terrace and view (the international section). The waiters are lovely although the service was sometimes a little bit late. We had salmon tartare, house crepe, grilled chicken and steak with fries, plus wine. Food was average, and prices are a bit expensive compared to similar places. Nevertheless, it is worth visiting.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 19, 2019

I went on a Sunday night to celebrate my fiance's birthday . Let's start from the beginning, the hostess that took my reservation over the phone was very rude . When we arrived the hostess was friendly and for sure she wasn't the same one that took my reservation. In addition, the waiters were next to our table but they didn't give us attention , we waited 15 minutes till they gave us the menu. Moreover, what really annoyed me was that I asked them to serve dessert with a volcano and when they didn't serve it my fiance asked for the bill so I had to tell them in-front of him to serve the dessert and I got uncovered. Shame on such service ! Definitely will not come back again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019

beautiful view but too hot during the summer
food and service were mediocre at best - you expect more from the price you pay
there are better places out there who don't rely on their name

Date of visit: July 2019