“excellent italian food”

Margherita Pizzeria Del Quartiere Dal 1959
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Jounieh
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beirut
“excellent italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

this is the only restaurant in lebanon that sells authentic italian pizza. ambience and location in jounieh are very beautiful. food is excellent, everything i tasted was very tasty (pizza, pasta, fish, sweets). as for prices, it is not a cheap restaurant, not so expensive. i definitely recommend it

Visited February 2013

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Great location and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went there with my wife on a friend's recommendation. We had to wait as the place was relatively full. We waited for about 15 minutes at the bar. We were then offered a brilliant table right next to the sea and a wonderful view of the Mediterranean. I ordered some starters which were quite tasty and then we had to wait for quite a bit before we got our calzone and pizza. The waiter apologised for the delay as they had loads of orders. My wife actually got her pizza 5 minutes before I did which was disappointing. The waiters were quite nice but they seemed overwhelmed and hence the service seemed to be poor.

All in all I enjoyed the experience because the location and view were great. The food was tasty and of good quality. The service needs some work.

• Visited June 2013
Beirut, Lebanon
“Good Food. Excellent Location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I would definitely recommend Margherita in Jounieh to anyone who enjoys having an Italian bite next to the sea. I really like the place. The location is average, waiters tend to get too crowded and always keep forgetting to come buy and take the order or even acknowledge some tables' presence. The food is really good, although sometimes I feel that the food in Margherita Gemayze is much better. The view and the seating outside are really something! I love the feel of it and the location in the old souks of Jounieh.

• Visited May 2013
Beirut, Lebanon
“I would go again for the view and the chill-out atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

****Thank you for referring to my profile to understand how I rate restaurants****

I have been a long time customer of Margherita since it opened in Gemmayze, but when I visited Margherita al Mare first, it had been a while I did not visit the place and since then, it had started franchising across Lebanon which is an indicator of declining quality.

My visite the Al Mare version of the restaurant in Jounieh confirmed my hypothesis. While overall OK, the restaurant that deserved 4-stars in Gemmayze for offering one of the best versions of the Parma ham pizza can only get 3-stars for serving decent food without panache. I got to taste several items on the menu and here is the verdict:

Spaghetti alle vongole: good version of the dish, well seasoned. the clams were relatively tasty but not outstanding
Pizza Bianca with salmon: used to be star of the restaurant, now went down a notch with maybe lower quality salmon
Melanzane: good version of the dish but nothing outstanding
Grilled calamari: tasteless calamari, too hard, and probably too cooked.
Fried seafood: again, below standard calamari, OK shrimps
spaghetti with garlic and oil: can't go wrong here
Spaghetti with seafood: really good seasoning but again average seafood
Pizza Saltimbocca (parma ham): average ham.

Now the quality is not too bad for me not to go again, but it is not anymore an all-time favorite.

Apart from the food the setting is magnificent. Beautiful house, beautiful sea view, beautiful terrace. An absolutely fantastic location in the old souk of Jounieh. The atmosphere is chilled, we spent 3.5 hours. This is definitely one of the factors why I would definitely go again.

Service is fine overall. Pricing is OK for the positioning, a tad expensive especially given the lower standard of food. Again, these factors are not part of my rating criteria.

• Visited June 2013
PizzeriaMargherita, Guest Relations Manager at Margherita Pizzeria Del Quartiere Dal 1959, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Moonsear,

We sincerely apologize for the bad experience you faced in Margherita Mare.
Please, send us your contact details to experience@pizzeriamargherita.com
We appreciate your feedback and we'd like to ask you more details concerning your review.

Thank you!!!