All reviewsgo the extra milegreat hotel to stayamazing poolnice hotelnext morningwonderful viewdelicious breakfastroom servicewalking distancebeirutmayaseasalonlobbymoodrooftopnightlife
Reviewed September 20, 2017

We had a lovely time staying here in August 2017. We were upgraded for free and had a lovely spacious room with a balcony. We took advantage of the fantastic rooftop pool and its bar, which are just lovely.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and all in all the feedback is very positive.

My only negative comment was that the hotel ordered us a taxi one night which was very expensive compared to the local prices (we found out later when we used a local taxi for a reduced price). I am not sure if the hotel gets commission from this, but I think that's a bit cheeky given that the guests are already spending money to be there.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Philippe A, GM at Princessa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Sir,

I am glad to hear that you have had an amazing time at Princessa Hotel, it is comments like yours that prove to our Princessa Team that all our hard work is paying off.

We are happy that you have enjoyed your room and pool, you seem to have enjoyed both tremendously.

The staff say a big hello and were happy to of met your acquaintance.

Regarding the issue of the taxi, yes our taxi prices are only very slightly above the market rate as our taxis only cater to the hotels residents.

Also the hotel does not take a commission as the reason being, that if we did, the prices that we offer would have to be much higher and we think this is unfair to our guests.

In the meantime thank you for coming to Princessa Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Excellent service with serviceminded staff. Great location. Amazing pool and poolview. Clean rooms and hotel areas. Customer friendly. Delicious breakfast.
Will definately visit this hotel again.
Simply, the best.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Philippe A, Marketing and Sales Manager at Princessa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Dear Dianna,

I read your review with joy and was really happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here at Princessa Hotel.

It is reviews like yours that verify that we are achieving high customer service.

The Princessa Team say a big hello and we admired the beautiful pictures that you took of the view from your room balcony.

In the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

ARRIVAL
Welcome received upon arrival: 5 (out of 5)
Accuracy of reservation: 5

Unbelievably small
BUT
Beautiful

PLACE 1
Very far from the city centre & live life of Beirut! I couldn't find any food! I even became poisoned by a nearby restaurant and vomited!

NIGHTLIFE 1
I chose this hotel because I stupidly believed in the photos of NIGHTLIFE in Jounieh! They are all a big lie! NEVER forget that Lebanese Christians are more Catholic than Pope! So, there is nothing which can be called "NIGHTLIFE" in Lebanon. As a naive guy, I deprived myself from the live life of Beirut city center because I thought Jounieh has the best NIGHTLIFE in Lebanon. But, believe me! Beirut city centre is much better than Jounieh! Choose Beirut or you have to fight for your survival in Jounieh because you even can't find a nice dish with an approximately reasonable price!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Philippe A, Sales and Marketing Manager at Princessa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind review we were glad to hear that you enjoyed Princessa Hotel and the Princessa Team say a big hello. We are glad that you wrote highly about the hotel and services, however upon reading the review further the 2 stars that you put reflects your experience about the city of jounieh and not Princessa Hotel. We are sad that you didn't like the pictures that were put on here about the jounieh nightlife, however these photos are put by customers visiting the area and are out of our control. When you said "Lebanese Christians are more Catholic than Pope!" clearly you should have asked myself or reception and we are sure we could of pointed you in the right direction as where to eat and go out. Although you seemed disappointed with the Jounieh area I am glad you enjoyed our hotel. Please on your next visit when you decide to visit jounieh or Princessa Hotel my name is Philippe, ask for me and I am sure that I could change your impressions of Jounieh. In the meantime have a nice day and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Best regards. Philippe Azar

Reviewed July 4, 2017

I had not been to Lebanon in 40 years and was not sure what I would get going back home.
I researched many hotels in Beirut and Jounieh and called them to discuss accommodations. One hotel in particular went above and beyond and made it very hospitable for me. I communicated by phone and email with Maya at the Princessa hotel. She was very kind and always prompt in answering my emails. When I arrived to Beirut, there was a car waiting for me to pick me up from the airport to the hotel. Upon entering the hotel I was greeted by a very sweet lady at the front desk who greeted me by my name and welcomed me to the hotel. I felt very comfortable but feel terrible not remembering the ladies name to mention her in my review. After checking in, I went to my room and it was very clean with a great view of the sea. The entire hotel was very clean with great customer service. In the mornings the breakfast was included and in abundance. In the afternoon they had special daily meals that were very tasty. Every person I met was kind and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Beirut Lebanon. Excellent location, excellent service, and very clean and efficient. Thank you Maya, for making my trip home so special, thank you joseph for being a great driver and taking me all around Beirut.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 7th floor with beach front and casino view. great pick.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Philippe A, Sales and Marketing Manager at Princessa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Sir,

WOW, what an amazing review, thank you so much I was extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here at Princessa Hotel. Mrs. Maya says a big hello.

It was very nice to read that you loved the food, room, breakfast and our daily plate, it is comments like yours that reaffirm to us that our hard work is paying off.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

This is an excellent, friendly hotel employing staff who are prepared to go the extra mile to satisfy customer needs. The hotel has excellent facilities such as a good gym and a decent salon. Rooms are cleaned to a high standard on a daily basis. It's also easy to walk to a range of restaurants and clubs.
One point of concern is that I don't think smoking should be permitted in the communal areas as it is not pleasant, particularly for young children. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Philippe A, Marketing and Sales Manager at Princessa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear Peter

Thank you for your kind review, we are happy that you enjoyed the rooms, gym and salon.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.