“Loud music blasts all night, rude and incompetent staff”

EddeSands Hotel & Wellness Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Byblos
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Looks brilliant at first. They must have upgraded the place given some of the earlier reviews. But I am writing this at 3.30 in the morning, unable to sleep because of the loud music the incredibly dismissive receptionist says come from the resort next door. He also says he does not know its name or number, will not call them to turn it down, and that nobody had ever complained...but that we had in any case signed a discharge sheet about loud wedding receptions - which we have not!. At the price this place costs, both the noise and the attitude are unacceptable. We will ask for a discount, but given what others write about their experience here, expect a very frustrating experience trying to get part of the money back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shami305

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Edde Sands is a place out of this world! Beautiful landscaping, elegant pools, great atmosphere. It is true that beach resorts shouldn't be very fancy to attract people especially those who only want to relax and enjoy a nice sunny day, but Edde Sands is so nice that it makes you proud; It has everything from good food, to good service and especially very nice sandy beach. We should not forget also the lovely beach parties that entertain you all summer long.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have travelled a lot, been in hundreds of Hotels and this one is by far the worst hotel you can ever stay in. The Staff are rude and in-experienced, the rooms are old and poor eventhough the resort is not that old, the service is bad, and it's damn expensive for what they are offering. Trust me, spend the day there on the beach and then leave and spend the night in some other hotel in the region or in Beirut.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bassilio
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a huge place and you feel secluded from what is happening outside which is excellent! Recommended for families specially. You have 4 big pools, very comfortable sunbeds +sandy beach .food is not cheap --quite expensive and service is ok but overall worth trying!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aWashingtonian
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

edde sands is a very famous beach resort and it's rated one of the best in lebanon edde sands inclides 4 big pools very comfortable sunbeds wide sandy sea front many beach activities like jet sky parasailing etc but the food is not cheap and beach parties are just amazing the best in the world

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

It is almost 4am. I decided to take the time to write this review from my room at this so called "resort" -- by far the most disappointing hotel experience I have had in my life (and yes, I have stayed in budget hotels in the past in Lebanon and abroad but this is not a budget hotel). The hotel part of the resort is a 5 minute car drive from the beach (the hotel and beach are separate) so you have to get in your car and drive from one place to the other or get your jogging shoes if you are planning on coming here for a swim. There are construction works all around (those are not related to the resort, they are private residential buildings and houses... Apparently there are always parties and wedding receptions at night (they have not heard of double glazing here) so don't plan on coming unless you are happy to stay up until at least midnight or brought serious ear plugs. The beach closes early in the evening. Staff are generally unhelpful, have no problem in swearing openly and loudly in front of you and do not mind their own business. Rooms are small. The aircon in the room is impossibly loud and, despite the temperature indicator, gives you either arctic or tropical in-room climate. The only consolation in this experience has in all honesty been that the bed sheets were clean (but we are only staying here for one night). Definitely will not be coming again or recommending this place to others.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank GDA1985
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this review to express my disappointment and my amazement about Edde hotel where we stayed last weekend.
To start with the reservation process which was terrible especially with some guy called Elie that answered me on the phone last Thursday telling me that I can't reserve on the phone because the reservation department isn't present. I wonder how in a hotel and resort, the reservation department isn't present.
2 rooms were available the junior suite and the superior junior suite. He asked me to come and pay to reserve it so I asked him to block it because I was coming fr far away which he couldn't do as well. I asked him to ale my credit card number and block it, also he refused.
I called him 10min before getting to the hotel and he confirmed that the junior suite was present so I told him please block it only for 10min and he said no worries it's present and amazingly on my arrival only the superior junior suite was present. We got mad at him and he said someone reserved it just now from the resort and he couldn't do anything then the manager says it was may be sold on booking.com.
By the way the next day, I got a call from someone in the reservation department confirming that they reserve over the phone for a limited time but the receptionist didn't know! He is not even trained on how to book a room for the guests!
We took the more expensive one expecting to get a very nice room and service but surprisingly when we got to the hotel on Saturday noon, the receptionist asked us for a 50$ deposit in case we use something from the bar! Be prepared women, they will need your identity card as well, they said it is a procedure for the Lebanese security system but I've been to other hotels in Lebanon and 5star hotels and I never gave my identity card to anyone.

Now let me tell you about the 275$ worth Junior suite room:
The tv isn't even an LCD TV, I will post some pictures for you to see.
The beds are not even a double bed, they are 2 beds with space between them so I couldn't reach my partner at night.
The room contains the cheapest material without any design! (check the photos)
To me, it was worth a 75-100$ room in a cheap motel.

As concerning the beach and pool use during your stay:
The pool closes at 7:30pm because they start cleaning it at 8pm as they stuff told us.
You are not allowed to sit on the sands because the security people are afraid that someone goes into the sea: I have never been to a resort in the world where you are forbidden to walk or sit on the beach.
The beach party that starts in the beach bar at 11pm is very terrible, the music is very loud and the drinks are terrible. I asked a lon Marguerita that didn't taste like it.

At the end, I don't advise you to stay in This terrible hotel because it's not worth the money and the stuff are under trained.

• Stayed: August 2012
8  Thank NancyOBK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byblos
Byblos Sur Mer
Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
Princessa Hotel
Princessa Hotel
#2 of 29 in Jounieh

Been to EddeSands Hotel & Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!