“Stunning”

$95.00*
Byblos, Jeita Grotto and Harissa Day Trip from Beirut
$121.50*
and up
Beirut Super Saver: Beirut Historical Walking Tour plus Day Trip to Byblos...
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Byblos
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A beautiful and very special place - usually deserted - with majestic sea views. Next to the Roman and pre-Roman ruins and well worth a visit

1  Thank Kate12345_10

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hi Everyone, life is short and our history is long and full of many stories I think it's wonderful we have cheap flights around the world and we can travel all over, I was born in Lebanon and I must say I dont go back that often, just went to Byblos with my husband and we were blown away, It's easy to walk around and our photo's look out of this world, it's beyound word, the Souk area is lovely and we had a wonderful dinner. If you have a chance to visit dont miss out.

1  Thank Kortum
Reviewed September 30, 2012

While many Americans will visit Rome or Greece to see their ruins, most will never experience what Lebanon has to offer. The Crusader Castle has parts dating back before the Bronze age and is located right on the Mediterranean sea. There is a tiny museum and signage throughout the area providing information on what you are seeing. You can walk through various parts of the castle and its fairly large property. Children would especially enjoy it because they can climb all over and run around without anyone telling them no or to be quiet...other than their parents. I especially enjoyed the view from the remnants of the amphitheater. Then afterwards enjoy the Byblos Souk and a meal at Locanda. If its a hot day order a frozen mint lemonade while enjoying the view of the Castle and the Sea!

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed the castle / ruins ,
Great views, wish they provided little info on booklet or map . Cheap entrance if u ask 4 student it's 2000.
The souks opposite hav usual rubbish.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The ruins are well managed and offer a good piece of the local history, with some amazing views over the harbour, which in itself is a wonderful place to be.
I went during the day and there are are many good restaurants and a Souk (a bit over Touristy but really pleasant with all the alleyways). I can imagine a different atmosphere at night as everything gets lit up and the outside Restaurants fill up.