“'Where Yesterday meets Today'”

Aleph Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Byblos
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was at 'Aleph boutique hotel' with my husband last January. Every floor of the hotel grouped a list of destinations from around the world, a collection of figures and symbols, and a group of ancient myths and legends, all connected through their exceptional and mystical link with the old Phoenician times.
My room was dedicated to the top Lebanese singer 'Fairuz'. There was a big picture of her on the wall of the room and my room was called 'Fairuz'. No numbers on the rooms of my floor, just names of famous Lebanese characters. My room offered an astonishing view overlooking the city of Byblos.The room was very clean and very well decorated in white & black. The only disadvantage it had was that it was very small and had no balcony, instead, had a big window looking like a balcony and overlooking the Byblos ruins.. The hotel featured the contrast between the touch of an ancient city and modern life.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Reviewer R

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I spent one night at the hotel with my Mom, and our experience was delightful. The Staff were courteous, friendly, and professional and very focused on making sure our stay was pleasant. They let us check 3 rooms before we chose the one we liked with a view (The Fayrooz room)

The rooms and hotel in general is clean and modern, the rooms are quite small but still are comfortable and well kept.

The real gem in the hotel though was the french restaurant Clovis on the 4th floor. Every dish we tried was wonderful, the Seafood risotto is exceptional (best risotto I've tried) and the coconut ice cream for dessert was lovely.

Breakfast was generous and more than one person can consume on their own.

I would definitely recommend you stay at the hotel, I know I will be going there again.

Room Tip: Choose the Feyrooz room, it's got a great view of the beach
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FooDivaa
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I booked the hotel through bookings. I arrived at 1:00am Friendly reception smooth checkin.
And then the party started. I discovered that the room I saw in the pictures was the suits picture and not the standard, you could fit 2 children but not 2 adults.
When I asked the reception I was told that this could be resolved in the morning. Since I did not have any other option I was forced to stay there for the night.
In the morning they proposed us the suite with double the price as we where going to think about it we went for breakfast. The second party started stinking salamis and ham, croissant from yesterday reheated at the best.

It did not take us long to leave that place. I contacted bookings to make a complain to make sure no body else get the same experience

The one point is for friendly staff nothing else. .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank coddy1973
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night after our wedding. Hotel is in a great location with some rooms having amazing views of Byblos ruins. Our king suite was roomy with a spa bath. It has a different style layout but nothing negative. And room comes with all the necessities. Unlike a lot of hotels in lebanon especially in this area this hotel is new. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Only negative is the breakfast staff- who were less than helpful (even after speaking both Arabic and English). But overall a good hotel.

Room Tip: View of byblos
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ka7i3
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place is superbly located with views over the ruins and castle. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. The bathrooms are small but excellent. The breakfast however, is poor, with the waiting staff not understanding basic requests (tea, milk, cup, omlette etc) and seemingly unfamiliar with the running of a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here. i shared a twin room with my sister for five days. The room was a decent size, clean and orderly, the bathroom was extremely clean and quite spacious. The hotel gives of a cozy and welcoming feel, and is extremely modern (best shower i had access to over my three week stay in lebanon) Breakfast was included, which is always a plus, with a traditional lebanese breakfast offered. Free wi-fi is also included in your stay. The best part of the hotel was its location. The hotel was located a short two minute walk from the centre of Jbeil - with immediate access to the restaurants, bars and port - with a balcony view of the ancient castle of byblos. The staff were incredible, which, for me distinguishes a good hotel from a great one. They were friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to help you with anything. I stayed at other hotels in Lebanon, in which the service was terrible - locals told me this was the expected service of Lebanon. But Aleph Hotel completely contradicted previous experiences. A quality hotel for a decent price, i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in jbeil.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Manelle C
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The place is very new, the staff are very helpful. Very clean. It is a bed and breakfast place, but I am not sure if you can get a better deal for full board. Each room is named after a Pheonician history, location, god or symbol. Each room has WiFi connection. The furniture is new and made of good quality wood. Although we had the option to use the spa but didn't get a chance, we were there for the weekend. The French restaurant was open but again did not get to dine in. It is very close to the Castle and probably has a better view from the upper floors, some partial hinderance by a building that has been built right in front of the Hotel, but of course if you are there to enjoy the city and the attractions, this is not an issue. It is on a walking distance from the main road and hte nightlife attractions. Thumbs up.

Room Tip: Try getting higher floors and the ones on the east side i.e. the ones closer to the main road
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends