This was last summer. I wanted to rent a chalet for a 3 day getaway. I called the hotel and spoke to a male receptionist who gave me a good offer. I told him that I will get back to him in 4 hour.
After 4 hours, I called and a very rude female receptionist answered me and gave me a whole different (much more) expensive package. When I told her what the other receptionist said, she responded that he was new and didn't know what he was talking about. She was answering in a very rude way. I told her I would like to talk to a manager. Surprised and again terribly rude, she refused to transfer me to a manager.
I called the other day and asked to talk to the manager. After back and forth interrogation with the reception staff, I could reach the manager. He was apologetic at first especially after I explained to him that my friend had been here a week earlier and got the first package price I was told about by the male receptionist earlier. He insisted that there must have been something wrong with the answers I got and gave me a third package! He assured me that this will be fixed and that he will call me back on the same day and give me a final answer.
Three days later, I still didn't get any response. I called and asked to speak with the manager. The female receptionist answered me and still as rude as the first time blaming me for being the one who "reported her" to her manager. She started shouting that this is all what I will get from all this, insisting that I will not talk to the manager and surprisingly she gave me a 4th package!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castel Mare Beach Hotel & Resort welcomes its guests by providing them the perfect venue for their needs.Situated on the most beautiful Lebanese coast, Castel Mare lies 30 minutes away from Beirut,and 5 minutes away from the most important archeological site in Lebanon, the 7000-year-old ancient city of Byblos where the Phoenicians discovered the alphabet and exported it to the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Castel Mare Beach Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Mare Beach Hotel And Resort
- Castel Mare Beach Hotel Byblos