“stick to Indian!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Jahra
Cuisines: Indian
“stick to Indian!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

after days of endless chicken and rice, decided to go here for a change. They advertised Indian, Chinese and Mongol dishes and, as our cook(!) always cooked his style of Indian, I decided to have Mongolian Lamb. As the dish came on its own, and being sick of rice, asked if they did fried noodles (not unreasonable, as they did advertise Chinese/Asian on their menu). They told me they did a veg chop suey, which was noodles, veg and a sauce. I asked if it was possible to have just fried noodles, as i wanted them to accompany the lamb. No problem they said. The Lamb arrived and looked and tasted good. However, the noodles were something else! A dish arrived containing noodles (dried) that had been taken from the packet, then just quickly fried without being boiled first. I tried a mouthfull, but needed a spoon to pick them up, as obviously, they had the texture of dried spaghetti. I called the waiter, but when i asked him if they'd been cooked, he just mumbled something about "fried", and shuffled off. To add insult to injury, i was then charged for a vegetable chop suey, as they couldn't just charge me for the so-called "noodles". If you really feel the need to go there (or any of their branches), stick to their Indian dishes. I'd assume that they should be able to cook them. Not impressed and definitely not recommended.

• Visited February 2014