It's really the little things that make the difference between an 'OK' hotel and a great one.
Although the Courtyard hotel, which is operated by Marriott, scores points for being good value (we paid KD 67 per night for a decent-sized double room - roughly US$200) it doesn't manage to pull off the little things that would make me recommend it to a friend. That isn't to say that I wouldn't stay here again - it's conveniently located, the rates are good, it's clean etc etc.
But here are a few examples of the sorts of things that strike me as 'fumbles'.
When we arrived and were checking in, I asked the desk if there was a razor provided in the room. A great hotel would have said, "no sir but we'll have one sent up". This hotel said "no sir, call service and they'll send you one". With the result that by the time I'd unpacked I'd forgotten I needed one. When I called service the following morning to request one again, I had to wait 45mins and chase them before the razor arrived - by which time I was late for my breakfast meeting.
Talking of breakfast - the buffet was quite good, with the usual array of fresh fruit, cooked and so forth. However, when we were offered tea & coffee, that's all we were given.... no milk. A great hotel would have asked if we needed milk; this hotel waited until we had noticed there was none on the table, so we had to go get it ourselves.
The room itself was fine - a typical mid-range hotel room with bed, desk, decent-sized wardrobe, reasonable bathroom and so forth. All looked quite new, as did the common areas of the hotel.
The restaurant served a tasty lunch. Staff were generally helpful, arranging cars for us and allowing a late checkout for no charge.
All in all, not bad for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Kuwait City is a high rise modern building located in the heart of Kuwait City. With its 313 rooms, it offers modern facilities and services including high speed internet access, business centre, and 24 hour rooms service. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service. Dining options at the hotel include The Atrium, an International all day restaurant and lounge; Il Forno, an Italian restaurant; and Tiramisu, the lobby lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard Kuwait City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Kuwait City Hotel Dasman
- Kuwait City Marriott
- Kuwait City Courtyard
- Courtyard Kuwait City Dasman