My sister booked for us and it was fine for families and kids. The decor is universal Afrolodge and looking a bit tired. It is very middle market in aspiration.
The activities are ok. We went to a talk by one of their naturalists which was interesting. The Samburu dancing was a hustle: they dance and then try to charge you, and then try to sell you stuff. The village trip ended in a souring frenzy of Samburu trying to sell you their beads and their tat. The village chief lost some dignity when he is trying to get you to buy some badly carved generic stick.
The food buffet was generous and better than adequate.
The rooms are ok, lined up along the river bank.
I dont really understand why it is so highly rated here. We went from there to Sasaab Lodge and were overwhelmed by the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the fertile banks of the Uaso Nyiro River at an altitude of 700 meters, in the center of the Samburu Game Reserve Kenya, Samburu Serena Safari Lodge echoes the robust rhythms of river front life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Samburu Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samburu Serena Safari Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Samburu Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Samburu National Reserve