We stayed for 3 nights at Intrepids with 2 boys aged 9 and 15 in a family tent - ie. 2 tents with a common area in between. We enjoyed our stay very much and found the staff to be lovely and helpful. Ken our waiter was delightful.
The food was ok but nothing special. There were also renovations going on around the decking area which didn't look particularly appealing but did not disturb either. The boys only swam in the pool once.
Francis, the Samburu warrior, was funny and spent quite a lot of time with the boys teaching them how to use a bow and arrow as well as the slingshot. He did the evening talks about the animals & culture of the Samburu.
There were very few guests with only about 3 or 4 of the 25 tents being used. This was the case everywhere we stayed. January is not high season but it usually doesn't get quiet until April so this would be disturbing for the camps.
Overall though we did enjoy our stay here. Probably would not drive from Nairobi again as this is a full day (not 5 hours as we were told).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samburu Intrepids' location deep inside the reserve guarantees close encounters with Samburu's shyer species, including elephant, leopard and Samburu famous 'special five' - the rare reticulated giraffe, long-necked genernuk antelope, Somali ostrich, Grevy's zebra, and majestic Beisa oryx. This luxurious tented lodge offers modern tents with a private view over the riverbanks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve