I spent 4 days at the Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp. I had an absolutely wonderful time. There were game drives in the morning at sunrise and in the evening at sunset. And therewas much to see, Samburu park has an incredible range of animals, including 5 species that are unique to the part of Kenya.
I was picked up from the little Samburu airport and taken back when my stay was complete.
My driver, Dominic, was very knowledgeable about the animals. He could answer all questions and also knew when and where to find particular animals.
The lodge itself is very clean and well run, and has excellent food and service. It was my first time in the African bush and I was not sure what to expect, but they definitely exceeded my expectations.
I highly recommend it and would not hesitate to stay there again if I go back to that part of Kenya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samburu Intrepids' location deep inside the reserve guarantees close encounters with Samburu's shyer species, including elephant, leopard and Samburu famous 'special five' - the rare reticulated giraffe, long-necked genernuk antelope, Somali ostrich, Grevy's zebra, and majestic Beisa oryx. This luxurious tented lodge offers modern tents with a private view over the riverbanks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve