I wasn't sure about staying in a tent, but this was the most luxurious tent you'd ever see. From the wooden deck, beautifu wood floors, netted canopy beds and luxurious bathroom, it was a delight. It does come along with the sounds of the wildlife outside at night, but it was only bothersome once. Wonderful hospitality....meeting us with juice and towels upon arrival to freshen up, coffee and cookies delivered to the tent as part of our wake-up call. The food was great. Was skeptical of the courgette soup, but don't be....it was *delicious*! I loved that the dining room is covered, but open air! The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful throughout our stay at this beautiful place. Only downside....and it's a small one....is that the wifi is very weak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samburu Intrepids' location deep inside the reserve guarantees close encounters with Samburu's shyer species, including elephant, leopard and Samburu famous 'special five' - the rare reticulated giraffe, long-necked genernuk antelope, Somali ostrich, Grevy's zebra, and majestic Beisa oryx. This luxurious tented lodge offers modern tents with a private view over the riverbanks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve