We stayed at Ashnil Samburu Lodge after reading the reviews on trip advisor. The only thing nice which I can say is the room was nice with a view. However, the service we received was very poor. Our waiter Daniel was good and the old bar man was great but besides that we did not get any good service. We did not feel welcome at all at the lodge.
The food was very poor and it seems like the chef's do not know much to prepare. Compared to other lodges we have stayed, it was totally disappointing to see the quality of Ashnil Samburu. I would not recommend anyone to stay at any of the Ashnil's lodges.
Further more, Ashnil Lodge is not located in Samburu national park but in Buffalo Springs. We were told by staff that as a marketing tool, they say it is in Samburu. To go to the Samburu game park, takes an hour or so to get there. That is a bigger park more animals spotted there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashnil Samburu Camp sits in Buffalo Springs Game Reserve which takes its name from an oasis of crystal clear water at the Western end of the reserve. It is separated from samburu National Reserve by Ewaso Nyiro River and is less hilly and dense yet equallly very attractive. After a gruelling game drive you can take a dip in our pool which is a wonderful viewing deck of the Ewaso Nyiro River and laze around in the calm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ashnil Samburu Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashnil Samburu Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Ashnil Samburu Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve