Ashnil Camp provides a hybrid type lodging experience as it is tent construction with personal hygiene areas that are standard construction. Facilities are well maintained and the staff is friendly. The meal buffets were adequate but were not extensive in choices. After the Range Rover Safari Vehicle ride over the bumpy roads from the airstrip, you can understand that adequate is OK since supplies come a long difficult road. Our driver and guide were native to the region with our guide college educated and did provide insights into the native life styles and villages near the camp. Our optional visit to a local village(1 hour drive each way) allowed us to visit with the local village/tribe. A tribal entrance fee is required that is shared among the surrounding tribes. To experience actual native lifestyles, facilities and people brought a different understanding of Kenyan Culture.
The area is dry and parched similar to other areas of the world with limited rainfall. The animals do provide excellent photography but there is a smaller choice of animals than the 2 other reserves we visited in Kenya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashnil Samburu Camp sits in Buffalo Springs Game Reserve which takes its name from an oasis of crystal clear water at the Western end of the reserve. It is separated from samburu National Reserve by Ewaso Nyiro River and is less hilly and dense yet equallly very attractive. After a gruelling game drive you can take a dip in our pool which is a wonderful viewing deck of the Ewaso Nyiro River and laze around in the calm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ashnil Samburu Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashnil Samburu Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Ashnil Samburu Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve