We orginally booked the Sandies next door but as it is low season we were re-booked (free of charge) to the DOA.
We personnaly enjoy the quite but were afraid it would be too quite... We'll it was surely quite but we enjoyed every second of it. I would defintely recommend this hotel and certainly in low season. Still 36°C, enough sun and burning so the clouds were very welcome otherwise we would have spent each day in the pool... At many times, we felt like we were alone in the hotel, the most crowded was the weekend with 14(!) guests for dinner ;)
The staff is amazing, so friendly, helpful, always smiling. From the reception, to the bar, restaurant and pool, all great people.
Food is good, varied and the pool bar snack menu is a good alternative (chessburger & sandwiches).
Cocktails (all in) are great, getting stronger by the hour ;)
Pool is the right size, we are not beach people but the view is amazing. Lots of palm trees (which I love) and beach boys leave you alone after the first day (unless you're walking on the beach).
All in all, very quite and relaxing holiday and certainly the best hotel even though we like some entertainment. Oh and the Spa is also great, very good massages for reasonable prices (compared to Belgium)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya