After a bus ride and a flight from Europe(Belgium & the Netherlands) to Mombasa remains about one and a half hour drive to Malindi-town, so we arrived around 23.00 in the evening. The food on board the airplane(Arke-fly) was not really great, so we felt hungry. Lucky for us, after check-in we found inside the spacious room a choice of fresh fruits, cookies and prepared sandwiches.The room had a private terras with sun-loungers, the bathroom was equiped with a double washbowl, jacuzzi in the tub, separeted toilet and shower clean and well maintained, exept for the windows which needed some attendence. The next morning at breakfast in the restaurant a table was assigned to us as long as we stayed so you do not need to look around for a free table, which pleased us. The meal services are partially buffets; mostly the hot dishes were served at the table after ordering from the two-choices-of-each-course-menu, that changed every day. We found the offered dishes to our likings: fish, lamb, beef, chicken, pasta, etc. and on wednesday the African dinner with local food. Everyday around 18.30 a coctailparty was organised which we could participate. Wi-fi didn't work in the room, but this we were told on arrival, around the bar-area the connection is good. After dinner this hotel becomes very quiet and peacefull which is to our thought part of the concept being a small luxury hotel with 35 rooms. The Coconut Village hotel next door is only a few steps away through the garden and since we were guests in the Diamonds we could take part in the activities: schow, dance, sports, etc. even the drinks there were all-included. From day one we had a good connection with the staff-members, a simple "Jambo"(=Hello) opened many doors and some of them became even our friends. On several occasions the manager came to greet us and asked if everything was allright. The hotel has is own protected private beach,but to go close to the sea-side you must go past de "Beach-boys",these are businessman trying to make a sale, if not intrested the best thing to do is ignore them because if we said "Thank You" they thought we were trying to get a better deal and a lower price. We learned to accept that some things and actions needed a little more time on the African continent than we are used to (=Hakuna Matata). On the question would we go back to this hotel if given the opportunity ? Without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Jovago.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya