After 3 days of game drive we`ve been dreaming about our stay at Diamonds. So we arrived after a long round. The first impression was ok. The room was clean and very nice. With everything you need for a good stay. The wifi didn`t worked in our room although in tThere is a small pool in the right side at the Mvua Spa, but you can not use it unless you pay, so I found this pretty wired.In the first day we had opened buffet, and the food was excellent, seafood fish and a lot of fruits. From the second day we experienced the most dissapotinting meal. So the breakfeast was poor, and the same food everyday, just some bacon and beef sausages, one kind of chees, didn`t look very good, some tomatos and eggs to order, the yougurt only with fruits, if you want one natural you should us for one. i asked and she brought me after I finished my breakfest, so....The lunch was open buffet some salads, poor salads....one or two kind of fruits, and to order from the menu something like this: 2 kinds of soup, 2 kinds of pastas, 2 kinds of main cours and one vegetarian. the desert was poor also and if I had luck I could eat something before it`s finished. the same thing was for the dinner.The portions were small, like for a woman, so my husband had to eat a lot of salads lol. I like very much the melon, so I asked for the first time and the guy put me in my plate 4 pieces of melon, trust me really small pieces, the next day put me 3 pieces, and the next day put me 2 pieces, so maybe if I asked for another day he would gave me one piece of melon, and for another day non. So The 5* hotel is a dissapointing max 4* for the location and the rooms.The bathrobe was pretty old and used. the food was very good in the first day, but starting the next was really dissapointing. Everybody there sleeps at 10 pm so if you want to drink something after 10 you should pay some tip to the guy from the bar to not go to sleep, although the bar is open till 12 pm. I gave a tip to the reception, a great tip....to get a ground floor room, but I got a room at the first floor. So do not give them tips, it`s worthless. Better don`t go there, choose another location for the same money everybody could try better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Fastbooking and Jetsetter so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya