what a let down this place is. considering its membership of the small leading hotels of the world or some such title, the cuisine is at best at par with budget hotels on the Kenyan coast. breakfast is basic, quality and selection of cereals and other items well below standard. fruit selection not up to the mark. desserts are tiny bits and pieces cut up from their predecessors, plated on saucers and tackily garnished with slices of banana and squiggles of chocolate sauce which reminds one of diluted chocolate spread. nothing is done to keep at bay the menacing crows who swoop down and devour any unguarded morsel of food. the pool is not the cleanest and neither is it in the best state of repair. the air conditioning in the otherwise well appointed rooms is mediocre and does not cool adequately. the pool area looks very bare and the tables, chairs, lounge beds quite spartan. the planting does not do justice to the abundance of palms and other tropical shrubs which abound and flourish on this part of the Kenyan coast. service is inattentive though friendly and orders of hot beverages and breakfast egg preparations take ages to fulfill. the all-day tea consists of a water dispenser switched on to provide hot water which is never boiling and a stale selection of cakes and biscuits from the previous day's breakfast which look and taste like cardboard. innumerable other disappointments - nothing to make one feel pampered or surprised or specially taken care of at a resort of this price and standing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya