We have just returned from Dream of Africa and have had the best time imaginable. The staff are friendly and very accommodating to our needs. We are vegetarians and the staff did all possible to make sure we were well catered for an a very interesting combo of meals was made available to us throughout our stay. The chef Phestus is great at taking on a challenge and preparing a new dish and serving it you with his own touch so kudos to him. Great service from Ndola, Paul, Richard, Constance, Vincent, Moses and Timothy who were always at hand to meet our every needs. The staff are great with children (our kids are 3 & 6 years). No children's club available at the hotel and the one at the sister hotel next door was disappointing.
The one thing that should be avoided at all costs is using the hotel transfer from Malindi airport as they charged us almost 3 times what a normal taxi would have cost. If transfer required then one should either ask the hotel prior to arriving to arrange for normal taxi to be at the airport as this will cost about Ksh 1300 (as compared to Ksh 4300 for transfer provided by Intrasafari the 'official' hotel transfer agent. Note that when booking is done with hotel reservations directly and transfer requested the reservations department does not point out that a cheaper option of transfer is available.
The Gym needs much updating as the machines do not work and the spa needs more ambiance and perhaps a touch of privacy. I would rather use the spa at Kilili next door then Dream of Africa purely for this reason.
Generally speaking a great hotel to go to and we are sure to go there again and again. March is a very quiet time to travel so we had the hotel to ourselves bar the 5 other rooms that were occupied so it was great for our family as the kids did not have to worry about being quiet and mindful of other residents all the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya