Dream of Africa is a beautiful hotel – small, intimate and relaxed, in a great setting on the beach, with large, well appointed guest rooms and offering extremely high standards of service and food. We’ve just returned from our second visit, having previously stayed in November 2009 and are already thinking about when we can return again in the future!
The most outstanding feature is the staff who are all extremely friendly, very attentive and really seemed to care that you are having a good holiday. Special mention for Timothy, Dolla, Moses, Ernest, Edward and Barrack – we could mention everyone, but the list would be too long. It was good to find on our return visit that nearly all the same staff were still there – it was like being back amongst friends.
The all inclusive package is great, house wines and local beers and spirits are all good. The food is excellent, the best we’ve had at a “beach hotel” anywhere. Fantastic fresh fish. Apart from an African buffet one night and one BBQ (both very good), all other dinners and lunches were waiter service. As an additional extra, for a special occasion we recommend having the Lobster meal one night, with a special candlelit table set up for you on the beach – very romantic.
There are some lovely touches which set this place apart. As well as coming round the pool/beach to regularly check if you would like any drinks, mid morning they bring you sorbet/ice cream on the beach (heavenly in very humid 30 degrees) and afternoons they come round with freshly prepared fruit. Around 7pm when people are dressing for dinner they come round to the rooms with cocktails.
Evenings are quiet, but for anyone wanting it there is more going on entertainment-wise at the much larger sister hotel next door, but it was lovely and peaceful at DoA which is what we look for in a holiday – totally relaxing. If you’re looking for a small, sophisticated hotel with a quiet relaxed atmosphere, offering excellent food, friendly attentive service – then this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya