Just returned home from our Kenya holidays and thankfully we chose Driftwood as our beach location and during the 6 nights we were there we all had a fantastic time. We were of course off season but that did not dampen the great time we had. Tourists numbers are down because of the recent troubles but we had no issue in Kenya at all. So what did I really think of Driftwood. On arrival to Malindi we were collected from the Airport by large taxi and taken to Driftwood. I was travelling with my mum, brother and daughter. We all had our own rooms which were like little mini villas, they are quite basic but all you need really and the AC was a lifesaver. We arrived on a Friday and that seems to be the night of entertainment. There was a lady singing and we drank and laughed all night. The bar was lovely with a welcoming feeling. The pool area was great with wooden loungers with nice blue cushions and blue pool towels. The pool itself it a great size and suitable for all ages. The hospitality shown by Roger was second to none and the staff were all amazing, nothing was ever too much trouble. I have to give a special mention to the chef for his lobster thermidor, I have never seen so much lobster on one plate and taste so devine. I tried most things on the menu and everything was gorgeous, so good we didn't bother to go elsewhere. The staff even took some lessons from me on how to make the best Tia Maria coffee!! In short, we had the best most relaxing time ever in the company of some of Kenya's finest people and I would say to anyone don't hesitate in booking DW for your Malindi experience. Driftwood attitude.........Hakuna matata.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everyone will enjoy Driftwood Malindi for it’s barefoot, relaxed and informal style. We cater to families, couples or groups and can host small conferences or large wedding ceremonies. This charming hotel is situated on Silversands beach. With reef protected, balmy water’s at the doorstep, this unique experience combines casual accommodation with excellent food and warm, friendly banter. The hotel is just a short 10 minute drive from the Malindi International airport and promises the wary traveller refuge from their daily grind. With easy access to the pristine beach, you can take your morning stroll at the water’s edge before breakfast, have a stress-relieving massage at our Spa and then settle in with a good book around the swimming pool to laze away the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Driftwood Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Beach Club Hotel Malindi
- Driftwood Beach Hotel
- Driftwood Beach Malindi
- Driftwood Beach Club Malindi, Kenya, Africa