“"Legendary Birthday"”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Malindi
Malindi, Coast, Kenya
“"Legendary Birthday"”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Have never had the pleasure of staying at Ocean Beach Resort, however last week we celebrated my BF Birthday at the Victorious restaurant dinning along the beach, The food, drinks was great, just to dine in thier garden and enjoying the breeze and tranquility, good service from the waiters I can remember Patric ,that evening was immaculate , we had A Amazing time and the best time was , when the chef presented the cake OMG out of this world Epic cake!! Many thanks to the chef and entire staff...it was real treat Thank You Ocean Beach it was Legendary !!! I recommend to everyone....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MKOKO2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I shared a beautiful Honeymoon experience at Ocean Beach Resort and Spa for 5 days and 4 nights. The staff was extremely polite and they worked tirelessly to provide impeccable service throughout our stay. The hotel already one a Tripadvisor award for this year! I don't want to be too wordy or redundant but......Private beach, cottage suites, crystal clear swimming pools were all fantastic. The restaurant dinning was also outstanding in terms of service. My only gripe which I was able to correct on my own was the type of food dishes that were prepared. The chef at the hotel is amazing and his food was fantastic. The problem was none of his dishes were locally based meals. I did not fly from Dallas, Texas to Malindi Kenya to eat Italian meals, so I went to downtown Malindi and my wife and I enjoyed the beautifully prepared meals by the natives of the Kenyan coast! I hope you are greeted by Mary the reception hostess as we were if you go! She is such a sweet person!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that faces the beach. Nothing beats waking up to an ocean view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ciscocillion
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Malindi came alive courtesy of the Ocean Beach Resort. From the staff's hospitality to the resort's facilities to the unwavering desire to provide a luxurious experience one may best sum this resort as a truly eclectic haven.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Edwin A
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at ocean beach resort for 5 days for our honeymoon and the stay was heaven!!From the luxurious rooms to the beautiful grounds,breath taking beach,finger licking food specifically designed by the chef to meet our specifications not to mention the friendly staff.

This is one hotel that befits the 5 star acclamation.We landed at the airport to find a very friendly driver (Kim) who drove us to the hotel where we were given a befitting welcome at reception...after which we were shown to our rooms and after relaxing a bit a couples relaxing massage awaited us.I thought i had had enough for day 1 only to be told there would be a free candle lit seven course dinner that evening that my hubby and I really enjoyed,The rest of the days were packed with activities eg horse riding,city tour etc.

I'm now back to work in nairobi and i cant help missing the beach,the pool,the food,the jacuzzi,the breeze,the night walks on the beautiful well manicured romantiacally lit lawns and the people!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate Mukami M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My Wife and I had the pleasure of being Whisked away for our 5 Day honeymoon. Our traditional Wedding and Western style reception were held in Nairobi Kenya on September 21. The five star experience began at the Airport where we were greeted by a private driver. We arrived to the Resort where we were greeted by the general manager and a welcome Drink! Hats off to the General Manager and the entire hotel staff. They made our stay very accommodating from the Chef preparing a special menu to the waiter Recommending breakfast options .The grounds were absolutely breath taking .My one concern I visited during the " low season" Keep in mind I traveled 9,000 miles 84 degree weather and sun where I come from is perfect weather !! A very relaxing Romantic experience from start to finish

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rafp479
Nairobi
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel in Malindi, and it was heavenly. The pictures in the website do not even do justice to the place, everything from the massive and luxurious rooms to the wonderful wonderful wonderful staff from the manager Harvey to the proprietor who were present and the lovely ladies at the reception to the chef who was very generous with the burger portions :-) i had a lovely time. the rooms are super...with a mini jacuzzi to boost.
the property is right at the beach and one of the gems is walking along the beach for a kilometre or so to an old relic on the beach..works wonders for your appetite. I loved the place, i did not have one single complaint all i have is praises for the hotel and the staff. most definately taking my family there for a weekend getaway very soon.

my advise is if you are planning to go there, take a local flight direct to Malindi airport rather than flying to Mombasa and using up an additional 3 hour drive to malindi

Room Tip: all the rooms are huge, luxurious and lovely to sleep in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jgicheru
Matawan, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I wanted an exotic getaway while visiting my home country in July 2012. Ocean beach resort seemed like an upscale relaxing resort, just what I was seeking! My family and I decided to go here to relax and also to celebrate my birthday. Upon arrival the atmosphere was breathtaking. The employees were more than welcoming and friendly. We had fruit platters waiting for us in our rooms. Oh did I forget to mention that, since it was my bday we got a free room upgrade! I also got a complementary bouquet of red and white roses and a cake! The best bday I have ever had. Facial and mani/pedi at the morjana spa was great. Oh and the meals..3 course meals I tell ya. Italian food is my fave and this place had it all :) This is def the place to go whether its for special occasion, holiday getaway, or just to spoil and pamper yourself. Thanks all at Ocean Beach Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mercy O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malindi
Driftwood Beach Club
#1 of 28 in Malindi
Scorpio Villas
Scorpio Villas
#2 of 28 in Malindi

Been to Ocean Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!