“friendly and central location”
Review of KB Karen Blixen

KB Karen Blixen
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Malindi
Cuisines: African, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The KB Karen Blixen, in the historic square of the Center Galana in Malindi.Bar, Restaurant open for breakfast, open for lunch and dinner from 11am to 11pm.Typical Italian cuisine, swuaili, pizza.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

this is where we had our cappucino and croissant each morning, very nice to meet people, central and convenient. they also serve lunch but we did not try. but for coffee and catching up with friends this is the place to be - and great wireless too!!

2  Thank grace m

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great time at KB. He enjoyed his beef medallion and mash potatoes very much. The service was incredible. KB is located outside in the veranda of a mall, and so it was really hot. Our waiter brought us a fan and plugged it in right there so that we were comfortable. The only thing that took away from this perfect venue were the flies, but that was everywhere we went to eat. I would highly recommend KB.

P.S. If you go for dinner, wear something long or the mosquitoes will feast on you.

1  Thank alkenya
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to Karen Blixon three times during out trip to Malindi. The first time we had dinner. My husband had seafood salad and pizza. He ate every last morsel. I had the eggplant parmigiana and it was delicious! Also, as an appetizer before the meal they bring you bread, spicy chili pepper oil sauce and tomatoes with basil and garlic to make your own bruschetta. A very nice touch. Our waiter, Eric, who we had all three times spoiled us and brought us everything we needed at all times. He even positioned a fan and candle to keep the flies off me while I ate. I also had the vegetable soup which was tasty and a large quantity. We will definitely be back and recommend this restaurants to our friends. Thanks!

2  Thank Afine32889
Reviewed October 23, 2012

There was a large menu selection and a variety of items to choose from. The menu categories included, pasta, chicken, fish, seafood, and pizza.

I had the grilled lobster with grilled vegetables, and it was very good.

There is also a bar, but I just had a soda.

We both ordered dessert. I had the Italian ice cream, which was very good, and my bf has a chocolate crepe. His was very good as well.

Overall, I thought the resturant prices were a good value for the service and quality of food provided.

1  Thank travelmaven_7
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Came straight here after the drive from Mombasa. Lovely coffee. The waiters were helpful. Clean washrooms. A nice little place to have a break and watch the locals pass by. Club sandwich was very tasty.

Would go there again for sure.