First of all, I would like to mention after reading some previous reviews that there is a new management from Germany running this lodge now. The staff is around to help you, the food is excellent and the accomodation is clean. I dare to say that this lodge is even better than one of the hotels on the coast at Diani Beach.
The accomodations look like tents from the outside, but once inside you get everything just like in a 4-star hotel. Everything is clean and well maintained. There are even water jets in the shower. At nighttime the tents are cool because of the open screens that naturally let the air blow through the tent. And this is more comfortable than the dry air from airconditioning systems.
The service is great and when we arrived we got a warm welcome from the manager, staff and even the cook who were singing for us. We got a full introduction and explaination from the staff. The breakfast and dinner was very good and everything is fresh. There is a swimming pool and even a campfire that is lit in the evening.
The location is good and there are no other lodges between Sentrim and the Kilamanjaro that obstruct the view from this great volcano. The road to the lodges is a simple dirt road, but if the vehicle your travelling with has 4 wheel drive it makes the trip a bit easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amboseli National Park lies immediately North West of Mt. Kilimanjaro, on the border with Tanzania. The park covers 392 km2 and forms part of the much larger 3,000 km2 Amboseli ecosystem. Large concentrations of wildlife occur here in the dry season, making Amboseli a popular tourist destination. LocationSentrim Amboseli, the latest in guest accommodation is located on the border of Amboseli National Park right next to Kimana gate. The entirely new 60 luxurious and comfortable deluxe tents are evenly spread out with fantastic view of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The main guest area consists of the reception, lounge area, restaurant and bar lounge and a gift shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sentrim Amboseli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentrim Amboseli Hotel Amboseli Eco-System
- Amboseli Sentrim National Park