It was a spur of the moment to visit Amboseli for long 50th Kenya Anniversary Independance Weekend holiday so my friends & I decided to stay at Sentrim Amboseli.
I've divided the review of the lodge & park into headings.
We left at 7.30 AM in the morning from NBO and reached the lodge at 12 pm. The road leading up to the lodge is via main NBO-MBA highway. Roads are very good with exception of a few kms from the entrance to the Park (which is murram).
Lodge - the lodge isn't anything fancy but has a lovely rustic charm to it. The 1st impression upon reaching the lodge is sense of tranquility & relaxation. There's quite a no of rooms at the lodge, giving the visitor the option to select ideal one. It has nice pool, outdoor SPA, baby pool & Massage. There's well-equipped bar.
Rooms - Tent room is very spacious with comfortable, solid mattress to sleep on. Typically equipped with Kettle, fridge, beverages, mineral water.etc. Being a NP, electricity comes on for a few hours in a day powered by a generator.
Food - what i liked best about the Restaurant was Pizza/Pasta Station served during dinner ( & tasty it was too). There was Stir Frys, chapatis prepared fresh everyday as LIVE cooking. Like any other typical lodges, there's salads, soups, hot dishes like roasts/curries, fresh bread & desserts. You also have typical English breakfast. Overall, i found food quite tasty.
Service: The lodge, understandably, due to its location, has a high no of friendly masai staff.
Things to Do: Nature walk with experienced masai guide, visit to NP, swimming in the lodge pool / relaxing in outdoor SPA, visit to nearby real life masai village,.
Game: Testament to Amboseli being a Elephant Park, i saw herds & herds of mystic Ellies. Some came very close to the mini van as the pics prove to be the case. I also saw 2 lions, buffalos, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra & some herbivores. Although, Amboseli lacks the diverse range of game that is found at other popular NPs like mara & Tsavo, i was extremely excited & pleased to be "up close & personal" with Ellies. They came up so close to the Mini van, i could almost touch them !!
Overall: Compared to other popular hotel groups like Serena, Sopa,etc,,Sentrim is good value for money. I would recommend Sentrim Amboseli for a memorable safari trip. The downside of the lodge is the congestion of tents, they were close enough to listen neighbours chatting. Yep - that close !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amboseli National Park lies immediately North West of Mt. Kilimanjaro, on the border with Tanzania. The park covers 392 km2 and forms part of the much larger 3,000 km2 Amboseli ecosystem. Large concentrations of wildlife occur here in the dry season, making Amboseli a popular tourist destination. LocationSentrim Amboseli, the latest in guest accommodation is located on the border of Amboseli National Park right next to Kimana gate. The entirely new 60 luxurious and comfortable deluxe tents are evenly spread out with fantastic view of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The main guest area consists of the reception, lounge area, restaurant and bar lounge and a gift shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sentrim Amboseli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentrim Amboseli Hotel Amboseli Eco-System
- Amboseli Sentrim National Park