See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

The rooms are really old and not maintained. The water in the shower was cold and then I got ripped off by the prepaid taxi driver. Breakfast does not start until 7:30 which is too late if you have to catch a morning flight. I will not be back!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank T5714WPmarkg
Reviewed January 14, 2017

Stayed in the Alatau just before Christmas holidays. It is a nice hotel albeit basic, rooms were nice and large with minimal decor. Since I only paid 40 USD a night equivalent I was thrilled. Comfortable room great staff that spoke good enough English. The breakfast was great for me but I love Russian style food! Kitchen staff was very nice, a bit of language barrier but we got by, perfect for the budget traveler. Close to some good shopping but it's about a 15 minute walk to Dostyk Plaza. I loved the trip but then I don't need 5 star hospitality. You can catch the bus to Medeau ski and skating Copley....very impressive resort for winter recreation.

Room tip: I stayed on 4th floor and the rooms were ok try and face opposite street side if you want quieter room.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

Rooms are ok, but not maintained for years. Breakfast is disgusting, no service. No understanding of tasks, no management. The personal has no idea what to do, late, unmotivated and idle. Door keys need to be coded almost every day. This is the "Sleep and Go" :(

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2016

This is an old soviet style hotel that has been refurbished to a good standard.. Many of the rooms have been leased as offices, and a couple of floors remain as guest rooms.
Rooms are comfortable , clean and spacious without being particularly special.
Good wifi in room , and good bed.
Breakfast is poor, with a very limited range of fairly unappealing food and no hot food.
Staff were OK , neither particularly helpful or unhelpful
Cost is quite reasonable if you are only looking for a 1 night stay ( as we were)
Not many restaurants or shops were obvious in the immediate area.
Hotel throws in a one way airport transfer as part of the deal, but check this when booking.
Good for one night but that's about it.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2015

My uncle pays ahead for next 2 days. Comes evening lady awaits by my door to tell me that I must move to area walled of by semi-transparent windows in main hall. Just before that I meet the proprietor for him to suggest that my pie is meant for him as if it were a misunderstanding to then entirely contend with my uncle and my complaining about my living quarters.

Then there's no hot water something that's merely risky to take shower with, or dodgy internet. Upon me looking through booking.com in order to move in protest as my uncle decided to afford I can't help but think I that I heard proprieter through the see-through "walls" ask if I were to leave a review after which I was moved the "2 bed room" without sockets and same water situation (do not reccomend). Only the mattress is better, but the booking.com where the booking does occur doesn't let review without said electronic booking.

Mine you some of the rooms with the great views happen to incorporate the city night lights no less than 10 meters away. Then there's literal buzz somewhere in the yard.

Date of stay: December 2015