“Amazing!”
Review of Kolsai Lakes

Kolsai Lakes
Ranked #1 of 177 things to do in Almaty
Reviewed July 23, 2013

When I arrived at Kolsai-1, the stunning views took my breath away. It is so beautiful that I took hundreds of pictures. Our guide organised horses for us to ride from Kolsai-1 to Kolsai-2 and I definitely recommend the horse ride as you can enjoy the views in a different way. The terrain was a little challenging for me as it was my first time riding on a horse back but the experience was definitely worth it!

6  Thank Mandy_ws_Chan
in 16 reviews
"8km"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Unbelievable lakes located in mountains. There are 3 lakes named as Kolsai-1, Kolsai-2, Kolsai-3. Every lake opens amazing view with mirror water and lots of fir-tree on mountains. You have to be patient and strong if you wish to achive every lake.
Also there is one wonderful lake nearby named Kaiyndy. It formed after earthquake and you can see top of trees that were covered by water. You may rent a boat and take a little tour there.
According residence, you may rent guest house from locals (fresh and tasty meals included) . If you wish you may stay in yurt, it's also possible to rent a yurt.
I reccomend to take a warm clothes, it's very cold in the evening even in hot summer.

11  Thank Dinchi85
Reviewed May 18, 2013

It's non peak season when I was there. Very tranquil. Lakes were still frozen. Ice sheets on top of the lakes! Lovely! Like what the other travellers here said, you need to walk to the second lake. It's beautiful there. It takes around 2.5 to 3 hours to walk there from the first lake.

3  Thank MC_HKG
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My grandma at the moment of trip was over 70 yrs old and had some acquintances at the nearby village. So she took couple of her grandchildren and hopped on the bus towards our funny holidays. Very looong trip to the lake of a bus, recommend renting a car with gps or map. The the lakeside there was a nice hotel and people offering horse riding tours around the lakes( there are 3 biggest of them, if I am not mistaken). Or else ou can go on a two-day trip through mountains to the nearby country Kyrgyzstan. I took a horse and went by myself because I know how to ride a horse. Fantastic nature, so calm and peaceful! Loved everything about our stay there.

2  Thank Anel A