“Very tasty local food”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Very nice local Kazakh restaurant. Staff is nice. I tried Kumys - horse fermented milk and Shubat - camel fermented milk. Would recommend Shubat, very tasty. Kumys is very acid, but definitely worse to try as it is local specialities. I tried also Chebureki - deep-fried turnover with a filling of ground or minced meat and onions - very tasty.

Казахский Ресто... Г, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Kazakh Restaurant Gakku, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Good day!

We are very glad, that you liked our restaurant. We will be very happy to see you again!
Thank you for your review.

Best regards

Reviewed September 8, 2017

After a week in Kazakhstan I had still not found a restaurant
with a full menu of Kazakh dishes. On my last night in the country
I was staying at the Holiday Inn and while walking to the nearest
grocery store I passed this wonderful restaurant in the midst of a
complex of apartment buildings.
It had a full menu of Kazakh cuisine (in English) with pictures of
the dishes. I finally got to try Lagman Noodles and Baursak as
well as a delicious soup whose name escapes me. It was all
wonderful. Being early in the week it was relatively empty
and the service was friendly and efficient even though I spoke
no Russian. Anybody looking for the taste of Kazakhstan should
definitely eat here, even if it is slightly on the pricey side for
Almaty. I know that if I ever find myself back in town it'll be
one of my first stops.

Казахский Ресто... Г, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Kazakh Restaurant Gakku, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Good day! Thank you for the wonderful review. We will be glad to see you in our restaurant!

Best regards!

Reviewed March 23, 2017

An Ethnic but modern restaurant. You will love sitting inside the yurt and being served the traditional Beshparmak. They also let you wear the traditional dresses on request .

Казахский Ресто... Г, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Kazakh Restaurant Gakku, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Good day!
Thank you very much for the wonderful review .
We will be glad to see you in our restaurant!

Best regards!

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

A little bit awkward to find as I was looking for the name as used in Tripadvisor. But very pleasant when we there not sure how the quality of the food stacks up as I and my wife ate local dishes but they seemed very good to us. There is a menu in English so there was no problem ordering. Overall the staff were very polite, food was good but the restaurant remained short of diners.

Good day!

Thank you for your review.

Best regards

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

First night in Almaty we wanted to try out real Kazak food. Hotel recommended Gakku and we can assure it was local and real. We tried the sheep head and other national dishes of Kazakhstan. Honestly, it tastes different but still fun to have tried. The place is in a more quite part of Almaty and has a pretty basic design. Try it if you dare to try real Kazak food.

Казахский Ресто... Г, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Kazakh Restaurant Gakku, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Good day!
Thank you very much for the review!
Come to us else to try new Kazakh traditional dish.
You're right, our dishes for adventurous people
And we will be very happy to see you again!

Best regards.