“Authentic Central Asian Food”
Review of Alasha

Alasha
Ranked #6 of 2,053 Restaurants in Almaty
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Actually an Uzbek restaurant, but you don't have that as an option
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Located on road up towards the mountains on north of city, Almaty. Popular with locals (taken by a local representative) which is always a good sign, and not really a tourist trap.

I visited during the day and the ambience was relaxing and central asian traditional decor. I enjoyed some soups, salads and some traditional Plov and Lagman dishes which although very rich were authentic in flavour (according to my native dining partner) and tasted delicious.

For those seeking some affordable central asian fare in Almaty then definitely pay a visit. Its a taxi ride out of the main city centre (approx 5 minutes). In the summer its a great place to sit outdoors.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Noisy, show program starts with the national women dance, after wich dancers ask for money.
Band is playing loud, so it is impossible to talk.
The cost of dinner is high.
Quality of food is not what you can expect from such place.
We had to send ordered meals back to kitchen.
Even waiters ask to excuse their kitchen stuff.
We do not recommend visiting this place.

2  Thank Avmironov
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I love this restaurant, but I go there rarely, cos of prices. It is located in a posh area of Almaty and I guess prices are posh too. Design is very traditional and impresive. I would highly recommend this place for it's food and show programm in the evening. It is a must try real Central Asian food place. Worth every penny

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Alasha is an excellent Uzbek restaurant. My experience was excellent from the decor to the food and the service. However, location did not appear to be very convenient and it felt a little far from downtown. We had a excellent dinner and chose many dishes from a large assortment of Uzbek specialties. Everything was excellent. My favorite dish was the BBQ beef that had a perfect blend of spices. We also shared appetizers includes various salad and cold cuts complemented by the bread that is made on location and tastes so good.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Although Alasha located outside city center, but I think it gave me the best dining experience in my whole Almaty trip especially for ppl want to escape from Kazah horse meat and lamb. Strongly recommend for the BBQ beef and pork in the menu, they were very juicy and well done for cooking. Also apperciate the amtosphere of the restaurant both inside and outside, truly Central Asian style.