All reviews business trip excellent hotel guest relations lobby bar turkish bath breakfast buffet swimming pool steam room spa center central location enjoyed my stay sushi non smoking room rooms are spacious visiting almaty special thanks central asia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The spa facilities are a ''dream'... The are not only beautiful, but also well equipped. Staff is very friendly and service minded and speak all good English. The atrium is well decorated, with comfortable lounge furniture; this is great place to share a drink. Good quality food on the terrace and the breakfast buffet is excellent too.

Room tip: You can enjoy (good) live music until 11 hrs if you have a room next to the quiet park.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Makhmut Z, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Rixos Almaty Hotel whilst staying us.
We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed you stay with us as well as the services received in our Spa Center and in general in the overall the hotel.

Your comments have been shared with our Team members accordingly and we are looking forward to Welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great central location, wonderful spa with large pool and good gym. Really good staff, friendly, helpful and efficient. The housekeeping could be improved (e.g. not replacing soap and shampoo) but those are minor points.

Dear Mr. Bright,

We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed you stay with us as well as the services received in our Hotel. We are improving Housekeeping services, hope you will see the difference on your next stay.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my 4th stay at the Rixos (work books it) & it was nice touch for a large busy hotel that several of the front desk staff continue to recognise me from earlier stays several months ago & were very welcoming & helpful. Excellent breakfast, good rooms but not sure the rooms are really of a 5-star hotel standard, maybe more like a good 4-star hotel. Great to have the option of two supermarkets & many good restaurants within 15 minutes walk as the hotel catering prices do seem excessive. The underground pool is great though I was a bit disappointed that they no longer offer a male masseur.

My only real complaint is the racial profiling that seems to be happening by the security staff (all male) at the front door. As a westerner I seemed to be able to walk in freely with any size or number of bags but my Ukrainian colleague, who was also staying at the hotel, always had their bags scanned, she laughed at me when I questioned this practice & joked it was because 'she looks like a terrorist', but I find it discriminatory. If they are so worried about security then they should scan everyones bags!

Room tip: During my last couple of stays I have paid the extra USD20 a night to have a room on the 'park side', much less street noise. I particularly liked the rooms on the higher floors with relaxing views over the tree tops.
Date of stay: August 2013

Dear Robert,

We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the services with our Front Office, Breakfast, Rooms and Spa Center.

We are improving the services didn't meet your expectation, hope we will be able to accommodate you to show difference.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Short stay for business, but I've appreciated the hotel for several reasons:
-) very very kind staff, speaking excellent english, always ready to give help.
-) excellent breakfast
-) amazing building. One of a kind.

I recommend this hotel.

Dear Paul,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Will not be going back. Ended up here because my office booked it. When are folk in this region going to understand and act on the basics of customer service? The lobby is policed by aggressive looking young thugs in monkey suits who look like they want to punch you in the face rather than welcome you. None of the other staff, particularly the males, make eye contact, let alone ask if they can be of help. Where do these people get trained? Have they been trained? One wonders. My room stank of sewage, and so I had to move to another one. If you book a taxi, they call a hotel taxi and add $20 to you already massive bill, just for being conveyed 10 minutes round the block. My colleague and I simply walked to the restaurants, that offered much better value for money than the rip-off Rixos prices. Massage: $100, shirt washed: $12, bottle of Heineken: $12.

1  Thank Sean C

Dear Mr. Sean C.
We would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your experience at the Rixos Almaty Hotel.
We are extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay and we can assure you that all your comments have been thoroughly reviewed and will take actions.
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the Rixos Almaty Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Once again, thank you very much for bringing your dissatisfaction with the levels of service to our attention.

Sincerely Yours