All reviewsbusiness tripexcellent hotelrain showerlobby barguest relationsbreakfast buffetwonderful stayturkish bathsteam roomcentral locationgreat spabusiness travelersushirooms are spaciousvisiting almatynon smoking roomcentral asia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my 4th stay at the Rixos (work books it) & it was nice touch for a large busy hotel that several of the front desk staff continue to recognise me from earlier stays several months ago & were very welcoming & helpful. Excellent breakfast, good rooms but not sure the rooms are really of a 5-star hotel standard, maybe more like a good 4-star hotel. Great to have the option of two supermarkets & many good restaurants within 15 minutes walk as the hotel catering prices do seem excessive. The underground pool is great though I was a bit disappointed that they no longer offer a male masseur.

My only real complaint is the racial profiling that seems to be happening by the security staff (all male) at the front door. As a westerner I seemed to be able to walk in freely with any size or number of bags but my Ukrainian colleague, who was also staying at the hotel, always had their bags scanned, she laughed at me when I questioned this practice & joked it was because 'she looks like a terrorist', but I find it discriminatory. If they are so worried about security then they should scan everyones bags!

Room Tip: During my last couple of stays I have paid the extra USD20 a night to have a room on the 'park side', much less street noise. I particularly liked the rooms on the higher floors with relaxing views over the tree tops.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Makhmut Z, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Robert,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Rixos Almaty Hotel whilst staying us.
We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the services with our Front Office, Breakfast, Rooms and Spa Center.

We are improving the services didn't meet your expectation, hope we will be able to accommodate you to show difference.

Your comments have been shared with our Team members accordingly and we are looking forward to Welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Rixos Almaty
506/99, Seifullina Avenue,
Сorner of Kabanbai Batyr Street Almaty Kazakhstan

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Short stay for business, but I've appreciated the hotel for several reasons:
-) very very kind staff, speaking excellent english, always ready to give help.
-) excellent breakfast
-) amazing building. One of a kind.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Paul,

We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed you stay with us as well as the services received in our Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Rixos Almaty
506/99, Seifullina Avenue,
Сorner of Kabanbai Batyr Street Almaty Kazakhstan

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Will not be going back. Ended up here because my office booked it. When are folk in this region going to understand and act on the basics of customer service? The lobby is policed by aggressive looking young thugs in monkey suits who look like they want to punch you in the face rather than welcome you. None of the other staff, particularly the males, make eye contact, let alone ask if they can be of help. Where do these people get trained? Have they been trained? One wonders. My room stank of sewage, and so I had to move to another one. If you book a taxi, they call a hotel taxi and add $20 to you already massive bill, just for being conveyed 10 minutes round the block. My colleague and I simply walked to the restaurants, that offered much better value for money than the rip-off Rixos prices. Massage: $100, shirt washed: $12, bottle of Heineken: $12.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean C

Dear Mr. Sean C.
We would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your experience at the Rixos Almaty Hotel.
We are extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay and we can assure you that all your comments have been thoroughly reviewed and will take actions.
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the Rixos Almaty Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Once again, thank you very much for bringing your dissatisfaction with the levels of service to our attention.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very Nice Hotel has a bit of a wow! Factor when you walk in. Good Location, Next to a Park.
Rooms Quite Large, Heated Bathroom Floor.. Very Nice, Separate toilet cubical in Bathroom.
Has Bath and Shower. Great Breakfast. Amazing Lobby. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Makhmut Z, Director of Rooms & Guest Relations at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your five star review here on TripAdvisor after your last stay with us. It is great to know how just one first stay with us can turn out to become a "true love". Don´t let us wait too long until your next visit to the beautiful city Almaty and your as well as our beloved Rixos Almaty. With best regards,

Anara Kospanova

Director of Rooms and Guest Relations Department

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am a frequent traveler to Almaty and have stayed many times in Rixos. This hotel is (together with Intercontinental) probably the best deal for business travelers in the city.

Rooms are not too large, but are of decent size, with very nice large bathrooms and reasonably comfortable beds. Wi-Fi was free of charge, of reasonable speed, adequate for work. The working desks are large, well organized with plenty of electrical sockets. The rooms have plenty of drawers and wardrobe space. Cleaning is not at the five star level, I would give it a four out of five. Also used glasses and cups are not always cleaned and removed from the room. Another glitch is that in some rooms the window doors cannot be closed to the end/locked and in these situations you might get the noise from the street, especially of your room is facing one of the two busy avenues surrounding the hotel. But these are just glitches that hotel could easily fix. Otherwise, it is a five star facility.

Complimentary bottled water is supplied in abundance, since tap water is not potable in Almaty.

Lobby Bar is a very good deal for eating, also with free Wi-Fi. It is a comfortable area to rest and relax with a good choice of food, and friendly staff.

The best feature of hotel is an excellent spa, pool (25 meter lap pool) and gym. If you are gym/pool/spa lover – then this is the best place for you to stay in Almaty.

Breakfast is very good and with a lot of variety food and good service.

Staff and services vary – sometimes you will get a top-notch, five star service, and sometimes a lazy two star service, and for this unevenness, I would rate service as average. Nonetheless, the hotel has made huge progress on this front since its opening days.

The hotel is in a good central location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your tremendous review here on TripAdvisor. We are so excited about having one of our guests writing in such a detailed way about his experience with us. Thank you very much for that. Rating us 5 out of 6 states that nearly everything was to your satisfaction and we are doing our utmost to meet all of your expectations. Mentioning an inconsistent service makes us feel bad since we are famous and well known for our philosophy following our Rixos Hotels. Please be insured that this experience doesn´t reflect our standard. Once again thank you for your great review and please don´t keep us waiting too long for your return visit. We would be more than happy to welcome you again soon.

Anara Kospanova