All reviews business trip excellent hotel guest relations lobby bar turkish bath breakfast buffet swimming pool steam room spa center central location enjoyed my stay sushi non smoking room rooms are spacious visiting almaty special thanks central asia
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel 4 nights and enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel is beautiful, with spacious rooms, wonderful Spa-swimming pool-gym area. Breakfast is gorgeous, with a wide selections of fresh fruits and berries. The staff is friendly, efficient, always ready to help and assist. Free Wi-fi all over the hotel. Could not ask for more.

Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank Taccola70
RixosHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear Sir,

We highly appreciate your valuable comments. We are always at your services. Wish you all the best in the professional and personal life.

Looking forward to welcome you at Rixos Almaty in the nearest future.

With Regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2011

great place to stay, real 5 stars, The pool, saunas are fantastic, the breakfast is really very-very good, the service is good too. The rooms are big, with a good bathroom. Not very cheap but really nice.

Date of stay: December 2010
2  Thank olma61
RixosHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for the interest shown to Rixos Almaty.

We highly appreciate your valuable and warm comments.

Rixos Almaty wishes you all the best in the professional and personal life.

Looking forward to welcome you at Rixos Almaty in the nearest future..

Best regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2010

I stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of August - the hotel itself is very clean and its used almost exclusivley by people travelling on business. The rooms were clean, the bathroom was fitted out to a high standard. Breakfast had a good selection of food.

The hotel bar was expensive, as was the mini bar. I ate at the bar one evening and the food was nice, but compared to eating out in Almaty it was also expensive.

The staff were generally very helpful - booking taxis etc.

Overall, its a very nice hotel, but for the price it should be!!

Date of stay: August 2010
2  Thank daveroberts1979
RixosHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Dear Guest,

We highly appreciate your valuable and honest comments, which help us to improve our hotel services even further in order to exceed guests’ expectations.

Thank you indeed for the positive feedback about our team and services which has been passed on.
We acknowledged your comments about the Food and Beverage prices, but would like to mention that those are in par with the local market. We will take this opportunity however to check if some prices could be revised.

Rixos Almaty wishes You all the best in your professional and personal life.
Looking forward to welcome You again in the nearest future

With Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I spent 2 nights here in July 2010 for work. It's a lovely hotel from the outside and rooms had that luxurious feel.

Checking in - staff at the counter were rather unfriendly. After a few days in Kazkahstan, I notice that people in the service industry lack training. Very rough, brisk, unsmiling and not very obliging. I asked to get a postcard mailed from the hotel concierge - they told me to buy stamps at the post office. I tried again the next day with someone else at the front desk, they told me they don't have that service. I tried again upon checking out - they discussed the issue and said they could do it at a fee. Finally, after 3 days of trying to post a postcard from the hotel, I had made some progress! It cost me USD 7 to post two postcards from the Rixos Almaty to Kuala Lumpur! It's now September and my postcard never arrived.

I have no complaints about the plush rooms, bathrooms and breakfast buffet. Simply excellent! Would definately recommend it to everyone!

Date of stay: July 2010
5  Thank Not2fussed
Makhmut Z, Director of Rooms and Guest Relations at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Not2fussed,

First of all, we would like to apologies for the late reply, we truly appreciate the time taken to write a review about our hotel.

We are delighted to read your sunny comments about our hotel. However, we cannot overlook your experience with our staff, and the difficulties sending postcards. We are glad that your brought it to our attention, as we want to improve on every aspects of our services. Your experience will be shared with the team, and all necessary measurements will be taken.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, as it will help us improve. Also, we would like to thank you for your fine compliments to our property and for giving your recommondations.

Sincerely Yours,

Makhmut Zharimbetov

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Living in the lap of luxury in Almaty, I had an excellent few days at the new Rixos, but be warned, it doesn’t come cheap. Pretty much everything is as you’d expect from a top end luxury hotel, from the room to the service to the restaurants and gym. My only real complaints have to do with the high prices, everything else was great!

I thought the location was pretty good. A short walk in any direction along Almaty’s grid pattern streets takes you past numerous eateries, shops, supermarkets, parks, etc. It is about a 20-30min pleasant walk through tree-lined streets to Panfilov park and the colorful Zenkov cathedral, a great spot for strolling and people watching.

The hotel has quite a grand appearance from the outside and the huge interior atrium is no different, very nicely landscaped and decorated. From arrival to departure, the hotel staff really provided great service and were very happy to help out in any way they could, even handing out free chocolates every time you entered the hotel.

The rooms are very well appointed, roomy, comfortable and climate-controlled. I had a good view out over the leafy streets with the snow covered mountains in the background, and even had a small balcony. There was no problem at all with road noise and I had great sleeps in the very comfy king-size bed. The room was spotlessly clean and well-maintained, still very new. The large LCD TV had a dozen or so channels of English language programming and there was a free internet connection which was reasonably fast. The bathroom had great underfloor heating, felt great on the feet. One thing I didn’t like was that the shower door allowed water to seep out underneath, partially flooding the floor every time I showered, a minor nuisance, but I'd expect more from a hotel of this caliber.

The gym was great, all brand new Technogym gear. There were about 12 high-quality cardio machines, all with their own TV screens, and a good variety of weight machines as well as free weights. I managed to get in the gym everyday and really enjoyed my workouts there. There is also a 25m pool, sauna, spa, steam baths, Turkish baths, etc., a real full service spa facility.

The free breakfast buffet was fantastic, with one of the best fruit and berry selections I’ve ever seen. Starting every day at the buffet was a pleasure. I didn’t try any of the other restaurants due to the high prices, which brings me on to some criticisms. The price of the in-room mini-bar was beyond belief: Snickers $7, Coke $8, Beer $13!! Those exact same items at the nearby mini-mart, only 100m away, were less than 1/10 the price. Also just getting a piece of cake for dessert would cost about $17. You’re much better off eating/shopping outside the hotel.

At US$425 per night, it’s no bargain, and I thought it to be of poor value - highly overpriced. I’d expect to pay less than $200 for this standard of hotel in most places around the world. However, I did have a great stay there and can’t really run it down too much. So yes, I would recommend it to other travelers who have a lot of money burning a hole in their pockets, or for a decadent splurge after traveling through the dusty hinterlands of Kazakhstan. I think I’ll look for a cheaper place next time!

Date of stay: June 2010
2  Thank DanO68

Dear DanO68,

We were delighted to read your fine comments about our reception, location and service, as our staff takes great pride in delivering superior service.RixosAlmatyislocated, asyoumentioned, nicely with good ambiance within and attractions are easily available from ourl ocation.

We areglad the room was up to your expectations, and you had a comfortable stay. However, we cannot overlook comment regarding the flooding, we assure you that your comments are taken with sincere interest. This is conditions should be avoided, and we are glad you brought it to our attention. The related department will be informed, and action will be taken hereafter.

Our SPA, with several different saunas and our 25-meter swimming pool is indeed a great trait to our guests, and we trust these aspects separates us from other hotels.

Our Brasserie Restaurant offers indeed great breakfast, with vast assortment and high quality food, designed by our French Executive Chef.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we highly appreciate your compliments, we hope to welcome you again.

Sincerely Yours,