“Overpriced.”

Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Almaty
New York City, New York
“Overpriced.”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Holiday Inn is not a luxury brand, but in Almaty it almost is. Rooms and service are ok. Food is average, but prices, especially for in-hotel extra services are quite high. Ordering a taxi from the hotel would cost you 3 times more than voting a cab on the street in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: There is small gym, very small.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ArmenGrigoryan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear ArmenGrigoryan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that our rooms and customer service were up to par with your expectations. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. As for the rates, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in providing guest satisfaction.

We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have stayed in the hotel a number this year and have always found the staff attentive and accommodating. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. Complementary water, fruits and Wifi. Breakfast is buffet and often there is also a choice of buffet or a la carte for dinner.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Greg,
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. It is a pleasure to know that you found Holiday Inn Almaty suitable for your needs. Happy to read your kind comments about the ambiance at the hotel and your appreciation of our compliments and amenities.
The pleasure is all ours to welcome you back in Almaty!
Best regards,
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at this great hotel - beautiful rooms, very clean and tidy, great service, good food, very nice staff, quiet at night, almost everything you wish when you book a room for the first time in a city you never been to.

I really enjoyed my stay and I'm sure I'll come back again when I'm in Almaty.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear guest,
The pleasure is all ours to welcome you back in Almaty!
Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed in this hotel and it was everything I expected but nothing extra.
Room was comfortable but there was quite a lot of noise from the road which passes the hotel. This is a busy road with traffic all day long. It was quieter late at night which helped.
Bathroom was relatively small but everything you need was there.
Breakfast is good but the omelets were not freshly made and dried out. Fried eggs were also pre-cooked and very runny. Why not take one of the staff that was standing around and make these fresh to the guest's liking. Saves wasting food at the end of the breakfast.
There also was no complementary water in the room. Only water was in the mini bar at a price....
Staff was good, friendly and helpful.
All in all good but I think with some small changes they can do much better.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty and for leaving details about your stay. We value your feedback. It is regretful to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with our room service and breakfast. We always strive to provide the best services to our guests and we will take necessary actions to avoid this in future. All comments are communicated to our staff for necessary actions.

We apologize once again for the inconvenience and hope to see you back soon

Cholet, France
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Excellent hotel A good location!
room cozy, clean and tidy each day ( with a discreet staff fast and efficient )
availability and friendliness of the staff ( reception; bar ; restaurant ...).
I recommend the hotel to all the friends and acquaintances
Ready to come back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Almaty. We value your feedback and it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the room cleanliness and service. Thank you for recommending the hotel to others.

Hoping to see you again.

United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a pretty good hotel right in the heart of Almaty. I would recommend it, but know there are some minor issues.

The room was very comfortable, though extremely hot and stuffy in the middle of winter. This is due to the heating systems used in KZ. In light of this, a room fan would be nice. Instead, I had to crack the window just to not feel stuffy all the time.

There was also no iron or ironing board in the room. This was perplexing as the hotel caters to business travelers. I had to request it from housekeeping. Thankfully, they were quick.

The bathtub is very tall and deep, so elderly travelers should take note.

Room service was pretty quick and the food was decent.

My biggest issue was at check-out very early in the morning. Many international flights leave very early from Almaty, yet the staff seemed unprepared for this common scenario. They were rushing about in total chaos. The guy checking me out had to run my card 2-3 times just to get the right amount. Items kept being added/removed and the whole process made me feel slightly leery. Overall, check-out took about 20 minutes. Not ideal as I was headed to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay at Holiday Inn Almaty and recommending it to others. It is a pleasure to know that the hotel location was convenient for your needs, and you found the room comfortable. Happy to read you appreciated the room service. It is regretful to learn about the service at check out, please be sure that this information has been shared with our Front Office team and necessary trainings will be refreshed to our staff. Thank you for mentioning the issues that you faced with heating, iron and bathtub. We will review it with our team.

We strive to adjust the heating to be comfortable to all our guests, please let us know about it next time when you are staying with us, and we will be happy to find a solution for you.
Hope you will give us another chance to welcome you at our hotel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed in Holiday Inn Almaty in January on a business trip - and i have to say that this is probably the best hotel in Almaty. It has excellent facilities (gym available 24/7, excellent breakfast and a business room).
But most of all I was extremely impressed with the staff at this hotel. As I well learned the staff attendance can make or break the vacation.
The reception staff and the waiters were helpful, attentive and provided remarkable services (better that alot of 5 start hotels I've been).

Since I arrived for a long period the reception to care of placing me in a room of my choice filling my every request (and i had a few) and the waiters in the morning restaurant made my stay pleasant with their caring service and attentiveness to my requests.

I want to thank especially Seidalieva Nurgul and Mirmantov Kaisar - for there attentiveness.

I sure will be returning here again in the future.

Room Tip: I love the 8th floor - rooms 801-812 have the best view on the mountains.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank libi123
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review about your recent experience at Holiday Inn Almaty. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciated the hotel amenities and service. Thank you for your loyalty. I will surely share your kind words with our staff.

We will be looking forward to your next visit.