“Clean, convenient and best located business hotel”
Review of Holiday Inn Almaty

Holiday Inn Almaty
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Almaty
Reviewed March 31, 2013

it is not only located near to business district of the Almaty, but also in walking distant to downtown of the city. In spite of spaciousness not ranked as top, it is very well designed and you will never fell tiny and get bored. Fitness center is open as 24/7 and variety of equipment is very satisfying. The best part of the hotel is the employees. They are always smiling and eager to help you in any circumstances. You have to meet with Sergei who is the duty manager. He is always striving to fell you comfortable and help you whenever you need. The internet connection is free and not slow. Th only part that i did not like the breakfast. It might be diligent and varieties might be enriched.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Bulent,

Thank you for sharing your comments. It is amazing to hear your positive feedback about our people. We always strive to offer the best services to our guests and your appreciation is very encouraging. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the amenities that we offer. Thank you for your comments about breakfast. I am pleased to share that the new Executive Chef has just joined our team. Looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I first stayed at the Holiday Inn about two years ago and this was my second stay here. The hotel is fine the service is fairly decent and what you would expect. The rooms at the back of the hotel have the best views over the mountains. The hotel is not in the best location and a little out of the way but if a short trip then fine.
The rooms are ok, comfortable and you get free internet.
Breakfast was really bizarre, busy, tables weren't cleared and we had to ask for coffee a few times. The drinks are expensive so bear that in mind.
The gym is a standard gym and reasonably well equipped.
The main thing I didn't like was if you asked reception to order a city taxi (cheaper) they didn't do it and what you would get is a driver who tried to overcharge. Ours wanted 2000 tenge for a short trip which would have cost no more than 600 tenge with a city cab. So beware and also sometimes they pretend that they are phoning while you are there and only when you challenge do they actually phone the company. So insist on a city cab not one of their mates.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Donna,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty and sharing your comments. We value your feedback. I am glad to read you appreciated the comfort of our rooms, fitness room and free wi-fi. It is regretful to hear about your experience at the restaurant and reception.

It is true that we do not offer the services of other taxi companies. Safety of our guests is very important to us, that is why we use the services of our reliable partner company for taxi services. This is a professional service which has a premium to the rate compared to city cabs.

I do hope you give us another chance to serve you and show you what has been done, should you travel to Almaty again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Holiday Inn is located in a newly constructed building in the new area of the city not far from the so-called historic centre.

There is absolutely nothing interesting in the nearby surroundings, moreover they are very badly lightened at night. At the same time the rooms not facing the road have very nice mountain view (when the latest are not hidden with fog or smog).

The front desk and room service staff are very friendly and helpful.

Rooms are spacious enough, very clean, have comfortable working place and very big bed with a number of different pillows available.

Bathrooms are also absolutely ok.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with mountain view, they are much quiter then those facing the road
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty and sharing your comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found our rooms comfortable for work. It is my pleasure to read your appreciation of our service, this is what our team takes great pride in.

Looking forward to welcoming you next time when you are traveling back to Almaty.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed there three nights, the hotel is very clean and the staff are super nice. They have a great selection for breakfast and the restaurant offers great food as well with a wide selection to choose from. 24 hour gym was great and clean. They have free internet in the room and in the lobby as well which was great.

Room Tip: great nights sleep after a long day at work!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing your feedback. It is a great pleasure to hear that you felt you received great service and that you liked the facilities at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our recent improvement of unlimited wi-fi.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

It is a safe choice if you are visiting Almaty for the first time. You will find here everything what Holiday Inn promises as a brand. Some customer service had some room for improvement, but I guess it's a bit cultural aspect of Kazakhstan ( no ability to say NO). I found my room a bit small, but maybe it was just my room.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to read that you felt safe in our hotel, this is what we believe is one of the most important things for a traveler. Thank you for your loyalty to our brand, however I am sorry to hear that we fell below your expectations. Please contact me at alakz.gm@ihg.com so I can obtain additional details about your stay.

Again, I apologize if this impacted your stay and hope we have another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The newest property in almaty. Good clean rooms. Free wifi. Some small issues.The rooms facing the road were quite nosiy. They forgot to give us the booked wake up call. And the water in the toilets were dirty and brown in colour.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty. Thank you for taking your time and writing your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rooms and free wi-fi. It is sad to hear that you were not given a wake-up call, I will pass this information to the relevant department to make sure this does not happen again.

I am sorry that you were disturbed with the noise outside and dirty water in the toilet. Our hotel is located centrally and unfortunately opening the windows may lead to some traffic disturbance. Please let us know next time if the room temperature is not comfortable, and our team will be glad to adjust it.

I would like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience, please send an e-mail to alakz.gm@ihg.com . I hope we will have another chance of serving you again should you come back to Almaty.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice building, except, probably, the windows that let in way much more noise from the street than one would expect from Holiday Inn hotel.
My client was rather generous on my travel budget so I booked Holiday Inn instead of some local hotel in Almaty this time.
Staff in the reception was smiling and helpful even though I arrived at 3 a.m. Small tip for delivering my luggage to my room was accepted with thankful smile and sincerely "have a nice stay" in English. Great. Fresh and free of charge "thank you for choosing us" fruits and water have been delivered to my room in a flash. I got to my bed in a very good mood and had a nice sleep.
Breakfast was just as good as it was described by some other reviewer. No herring, nor healthy bread as per my Scandinavian habits, but it did not spoil a breakfast a bit. That's Asia, so local traditions shall be respected. Coffee was good, staff was no-nonsense and helpful. Respect.
In the evening my impression was really spoiled by the noise from the street. Something should be done to these windows as well as to the air conditioner. Using ear plugs to avoid street and air conditioner noise is definitely not a good option at Holiday Inn hotels.
WI-FI speed was a total disaster. I would prefer paid WI-FI to the free one provided to Priority card holders if it could provide a normal (not even high) speed. E-mailing my presentation (8 Mb) took an hour and I had to re-connect twice. Do something about it for the future guests, please. Incoming traffic was somewhat faster, so 10 Mb catalog my E-mail downloaded in "just" about 35 minutes.
Interesting, but business services, including internet connection speed, are not even subject to evaluation at "Could you say a little more about it" section. Is tripadvisor joining the Holiday Inn in "bricks before clicks standard setting ?
In conclusion. The hotel is the worst value for money choice in Almaty in my experience so far. Good building in decent location as well as smiley service and good breakfast does not compensate for the noise and poor WI-FI if you measure against by the price. If you can speak Russian, go for the good local brand. Building and service (Russian speaking) will be the same. Location will be not as good and the breakfast will be awful, but "the clicks" might be better and the price will be 1/3rd.

Room Tip: Not on the street side. Do not expect reasonable internet connection.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Larausmith,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review about your stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service provided by our staff, breakfast and the location of the hotel. My apologies for the inconvenience the noise and the internet connection has caused you. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen C