Holiday Inn Almaty
$74
$72
$280
  • Pool
All reviewsbusiness hotelvery comfortable roombusiness tripnice hotelconference roomspecial thanksnice breakfastbreakfast spreadstayed one nighthotel staffmini barwi fitaxiinnscitybizgym
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Holiday Inn is located in a newly constructed building in the new area of the city not far from the so-called historic centre.

There is absolutely nothing interesting in the nearby surroundings, moreover they are very badly lightened at night. At the same time the rooms not facing the road have very nice mountain view (when the latest are not hidden with fog or smog).

The front desk and room service staff are very friendly and helpful.

Rooms are spacious enough, very clean, have comfortable working place and very big bed with a number of different pillows available.

Bathrooms are also absolutely ok.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with mountain view, they are much quiter then those facing the road
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty and sharing your comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found our rooms comfortable for work. It is my pleasure to read your appreciation of our service, this is what our team takes great pride in.

Looking forward to welcoming you next time when you are traveling back to Almaty.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed there three nights, the hotel is very clean and the staff are super nice. They have a great selection for breakfast and the restaurant offers great food as well with a wide selection to choose from. 24 hour gym was great and clean. They have free internet in the room and in the lobby as well which was great.

Room Tip: great nights sleep after a long day at work!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing your feedback. It is a great pleasure to hear that you felt you received great service and that you liked the facilities at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our recent improvement of unlimited wi-fi.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

It is a safe choice if you are visiting Almaty for the first time. You will find here everything what Holiday Inn promises as a brand. Some customer service had some room for improvement, but I guess it's a bit cultural aspect of Kazakhstan ( no ability to say NO). I found my room a bit small, but maybe it was just my room.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to read that you felt safe in our hotel, this is what we believe is one of the most important things for a traveler. Thank you for your loyalty to our brand, however I am sorry to hear that we fell below your expectations. Please contact me at alakz.gm@ihg.com so I can obtain additional details about your stay.

Again, I apologize if this impacted your stay and hope we have another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The newest property in almaty. Good clean rooms. Free wifi. Some small issues.The rooms facing the road were quite nosiy. They forgot to give us the booked wake up call. And the water in the toilets were dirty and brown in colour.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty. Thank you for taking your time and writing your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rooms and free wi-fi. It is sad to hear that you were not given a wake-up call, I will pass this information to the relevant department to make sure this does not happen again.

I am sorry that you were disturbed with the noise outside and dirty water in the toilet. Our hotel is located centrally and unfortunately opening the windows may lead to some traffic disturbance. Please let us know next time if the room temperature is not comfortable, and our team will be glad to adjust it.

I would like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience, please send an e-mail to alakz.gm@ihg.com . I hope we will have another chance of serving you again should you come back to Almaty.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice building, except, probably, the windows that let in way much more noise from the street than one would expect from Holiday Inn hotel.
My client was rather generous on my travel budget so I booked Holiday Inn instead of some local hotel in Almaty this time.
Staff in the reception was smiling and helpful even though I arrived at 3 a.m. Small tip for delivering my luggage to my room was accepted with thankful smile and sincerely "have a nice stay" in English. Great. Fresh and free of charge "thank you for choosing us" fruits and water have been delivered to my room in a flash. I got to my bed in a very good mood and had a nice sleep.
Breakfast was just as good as it was described by some other reviewer. No herring, nor healthy bread as per my Scandinavian habits, but it did not spoil a breakfast a bit. That's Asia, so local traditions shall be respected. Coffee was good, staff was no-nonsense and helpful. Respect.
In the evening my impression was really spoiled by the noise from the street. Something should be done to these windows as well as to the air conditioner. Using ear plugs to avoid street and air conditioner noise is definitely not a good option at Holiday Inn hotels.
WI-FI speed was a total disaster. I would prefer paid WI-FI to the free one provided to Priority card holders if it could provide a normal (not even high) speed. E-mailing my presentation (8 Mb) took an hour and I had to re-connect twice. Do something about it for the future guests, please. Incoming traffic was somewhat faster, so 10 Mb catalog my E-mail downloaded in "just" about 35 minutes.
Interesting, but business services, including internet connection speed, are not even subject to evaluation at "Could you say a little more about it" section. Is tripadvisor joining the Holiday Inn in "bricks before clicks standard setting ?
In conclusion. The hotel is the worst value for money choice in Almaty in my experience so far. Good building in decent location as well as smiley service and good breakfast does not compensate for the noise and poor WI-FI if you measure against by the price. If you can speak Russian, go for the good local brand. Building and service (Russian speaking) will be the same. Location will be not as good and the breakfast will be awful, but "the clicks" might be better and the price will be 1/3rd.

Room Tip: Not on the street side. Do not expect reasonable internet connection.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Larausmith,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review about your stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service provided by our staff, breakfast and the location of the hotel. My apologies for the inconvenience the noise and the internet connection has caused you. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen C