See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

Terrible rooms, terrible bathroom, ignorant and lazy personnel. Window leaves on other windows of the hotel, receptionist doesn't know what is "welcoming", cleaning lady is always busy and sleepy, rude and snob. Very cheap furnishing. Big problem with water - it's always hot or cold, impossible to make it warm.

Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank Anton O
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is far from the sights of Almaty. Sundowners, our Australian travel agent booked this hotel and we cannot think why!! Never use them. The basement room was not clean, the towels and sheets, which did not cover the old mattress, had holes in them. We couldn't wait to escape.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank JenniandIan
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

It is one of the world's most difficult hotels to find. I drove 45 minutes up and down the back streets from where google maps left off. The directions on Bookings.com are wrong.

But it's all worth it. For a third of the price of the Holiday Inn you get an equivalent room, WiFi, free parking, a pool and fitness room, and excellent service.

The service is also excellent.

I will be back.

Date of stay: October 2012
3  Thank ontheroadagain222
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were told that there isn't much medium priced hotel accomodation in Almaty and were booked into this hotel. It was miles from the centre and getting a taxi seemed to take a long time. One day we waited 2 hours at our office for a taxi. Even with the address written in Russian many taxi drivers had difficulty in finding it. Once at the hotel it was quite good. From my window I could see an amazing view of snow capped moutains with the sun shining on the snow. My room was quite large and the bed comfortable. It was very quiet so sleep was mostly undisturbed. There is no bar or gathering area. The decor was weird, bright colours and sparkly floors, columns and even the main ceiling above the wide staircase was painted pale blue with clouds. Breakfast was ok but not great, not really aimed at Europeans but more Russian style I think. The bill can be settled by card, which is not always the case in this part of the world. It was nice to have the view but if you are working in the centre of town, the view was outweighed by the difficulty of getting there.

Room tip: Get a room with the view, no worries about quietness though in any part of the hotel
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ludwig
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and greatly enjoyed my time there. Though it was full, it also was very quite.
Though it is located close to mountains, it is also in 10 min. walk from a busy avenue, which allows quiet evenings with great mountain view.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. All my requests were fulfilled in 5 minutes.
I would suggest to get a room with a balcony: I liked silent lovely evenings and nights on the balcony, sitting on couch and surfing the internet. It has free wi-fi.
Another advantage of this boutique hotel is a big swimming pool and sauna, which is free for the hotel tenants.
My general opinion is that this hotel is perfect both for business trips and week-end getaways.

Room tip: Room with the balcony would be a great choice.
Date of stay: July 2012