“The chef is professional and also the food”
Review of Hokushinzushi

Hokushinzushi
Ranked #1 of 7,340 Restaurants in Sendai
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed October 24, 2018

The young chef can speak English well. You will appreciate that point, especially in Japan.
There is also an English menu for a foreign visitor.
This is my first time to travel to Japan for business, so I would like to experience some sushi but finding a sushi restaurant with English-service is not easy.
For some Southeast Asian, be notice to line up while waiting because this is a sushi standing bar.
Firstly, the chef offered me some drink. Actually, I did not understand a Japanese word so he smiled and offered again: "Tea? Drink?"
Then, he gave me a menu by not only English but also Korean, Thailand and Chinese. A minus point is that the menu just has one page while there are various of sushi (around 50); therefore, the menu just has 4 images of main sushi the price is unavailable (but the practical price is also reasonable and the chef will write the money in front of you whenever he finish a sushi roll)
The staffs also concern you free tea condition, they will actively ask to full your empty teacup.
However, if you go to the place too late, some food will be unavailable anymore. Becarefull.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Here I had the best Sushi ever! Great fresh fish prepared in front of me. A genuine, non-touristic, place.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

This place was not part of our plan, however after back from matsushima, while collecting our luggages happen to see this standing sushi bar. We went in to try and sushi were awesome. No English menu, but one of the young Chef able to communicate with English. We ask for local Sendai fish sushi, and they promptly introduce a couples for us to try. Yeah will be back!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

The food was average and the service was terrible. I felt like they didn't want us to be there. I had to ask for water. Japanese restaurants are usually so polite and friendly , especially at the station, so I was shocked.

Date of visit: November 2016
3  Thank K8082KVmichellem
Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

Coming from California, this was best uni I've tasted! Sweet and delicious. It is standing only, so make sure your legs aren't tired from a lot of walking. Other than that, the sushi was good and be sure to order their recommended items.

Date of visit: February 2017