All reviews bed was very comfortable stayed here for one night small room non smoking room minute walk train station tv lawson reception english jr
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2018

It's a bit far from Aomori station but its walkable! I think with the price, it's worth it, the room is clean, got everything you need. Reception and staff are great. There is a lawson right across from hotel. Just a bit strange their TV is really big in the small room.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
宿泊 A, フロント at APA Hotel Aomori Eki Kenchodori, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Noguchi

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located in Aomori. We had a plesant stay in a double non smoking room: it was very comfortable and clean. Beware of the lifts though - they are ruthless! (Lift doors do not stay open long enough). Hotel is a little bit of a walk from the station, but you can jump in a cab if you have luggage.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
アパホテル青森駅県庁通, front hanada at APA Hotel Aomori Eki Kenchodori, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Thank you for your review and even more for your stay with us.There is nothing more like a warm and positive comment to motivate our team.We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

We decided on a "last minute" trip to Japan in early February. By that time, the hotels in Hirosaki were no longer available during the cherry blossom festival in late April. Thus, we found this hotel in Aomori, which is a 35-45 minute direct train ride (depending on the train you take) to Hirosaki Station via the JR Ou Line.

The hotel is basic, yet comfortable, and it served its purpose for us. The double rooms are small (12-13 sqm including the bathroom), as usual in Japan, with a full sized bed and tiny bathroom that was raised, so you had to step up to get into the bathroom (literally one full stair step up). It was kind of strange, but we did see it in other Japanese hotels. The bed area couldn't have been more than 7 sqm, the rest (5-6 sqm) being the bathroom and entryway into the room. The bed, however, had a comfortable mattress topper, but the pillows were super flat (flattest I have EVER seen) - ask for better ones. They have proper pillows if you ask reception. The room has a HUGE tv, but it was way too big for the room (estimate around a 40-45" tv).

The elevators are tiny and fit two people with luggage or 3-4 without. Beware...the doors close quickly.

There is a 24 hour Lawson convenience store right across the street.

As with many hotels in Japan, they are quite strict with the 15:00 check-in time. We arrived 13 minutes before and had to wait. An Australian couple arrived 5 minutes after us and were also told to wait. Thus, plan your arrival to Aomori accordingly, though they will hold your bags if you want to wander around and kill time.

Overall, for a 3-star hotel, we would rate it 3-3.5. It was clearly far too expensive during cherry blossom festival time, but that's what one gets when one travels during a peak period.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you fou your choosing to stay with us at the APAHOTEL<AOMORIEKI-KENCHODORI>and for your time to share your experience.What a great feedback we have received here, thank you so much for valiable comment.We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with another stay.

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

I went with this particular hotel because I like the Apa-chain. I was not disappointed, the room was spacious and very clean. The staff was friendly and professional. The hotels location was great, everything I was hoping to see was within a 10 minute walk. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 199charlieb
アパホテル青森駅県庁通, other at APA Hotel Aomori Eki Kenchodori, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Thank you for staying with us here APA HOTEL <AOMORIEKI-KENCHODORI> and your kind review.We are honored to read your warm comment regarding our facility and service.We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with another stay. Front YAMADA

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

This is shockingly a year overdue but I wanted to write now as we are planning another trip to Japan and will be staying at APA hotel in Tokyo.

This hotel in Aomori was perfect...parking lots were available on site (small and first come first serve) but more convenient parking lots around the hotel. Very safe to walk even though it gets quiet at night and love the little 2nd floor cafe Marron next door.

Room is small. This is Japan. Get used to it. But it's very clean and tidy and has everything I needed. And I have to say the most AMAZING pillows. So many people have complained and honestly, I was shocked when I first saw it but OMG. It's so comfortable for me! It's basically plastic mesh and I'm just so amazed!

Please APA Hotel, let me know if I can buy it. I will be coming to stay at the Kabukicho tower in 2018 and hope to buy one! Love it!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
アパホテル青森駅県庁通, FRONT at APA Hotel Aomori Eki Kenchodori, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Thank you for staying with us here APA HOTEL <AOMORIEKI-KENCHODORI> and your kind review.The pillow is the original item of APA Hotel and you can buy it on the internet site.What a great feedback we have received here, thank you so much for valiable comment.We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with another stay.
Front Noguchi