All reviews minute walk train station taxi ride coin laundry other hotels japanese business hotel buffet breakfast is great selection professional staff previous night on duty apple juice solid hotel much nicer comfortable room stayed here for one night fish market
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

the richmond chain in japan is always a favorite: simple clean design and comfortable rooms. most "business hotel" chains in japan have the worst bedding and super hard mattresses, but the richmond is much cozier overall. the richmond staff are always welcoming, but the staff in the aomori city branch really know how to make foreigners feel welcome.

Room tip: when booking a richmond hotel for two people, always opt for a "twin room"-----you get much more room & bed space.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
rnt_aomori, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Aomori, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

This time, thank you for staying with Richmond Hotel Aomori.

I have words of praise about room, staff, facilities, and feel it to be very thankful.
I read the contents which had you contribute it, and all the staff is relieved in the state that was able to relax in a room.

I will try to be able to spend it comfortably every day, when it will be available in future.
When you stay at our hotel on the next time, we introduce wonderful bars and restaurants.

We look forward to your next visit.
This time, I have you contribute it while you’re busy and really appreciate you.

With best regards,

Front K.Tanabe

Reviewed December 12, 2018

A planned three night stay turned into eleven nights when my husband had an emergency hospitalization in Aomori. I believe I could not have been in a better place during this very difficult time.

I was treated by the entire staff with the utmost kindness. I was originally warned by the doctor that my husband could be hospitalized for several months. I was assured at the Richmond that they could accommodate me and they would keep me in my same room for as long as possible. As others have noted: there is a nice laundry facility; the breakfast is enjoyable (with a local specialties and apple juice!); there is a Lawson store connected to the hotel as well as a bakery and restaurants; the room is spacious and very clean and quiet. As a woman alone, I felt safe and protected. After a harrowing and exhausting day at the hospital, the Richmond was a comforting haven to return to each evening. I do not speak, understand, nor read Japanese, but the staff was heroic in trying to meet my every need. Saki-san was especially helpful and she went out of her way to do all she could to make things easier for me.

I have stayed in many of the world's best hotels, but none can compare to my experience at the Richmond Hotel. This is not only an excellent business hotel but a lifesaver, staffed by the kindest most professional people I have ever encountered. I now consider it my "home-away-from-home". We plan to visit again as soon as we can.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
rnt_aomori, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Aomori, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Thank you very much for your review.
Your review made all our staff happy.
Physical condition was restored and was really good.
We are really happy to serve you to enjoy the stay in Aomori and Japan.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Thannk you very mch for your review.
Arigatougozaimasu.

Sincerely yours,

Richmond Hotel
Front Chief: Nishizawa

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying at Richmond. I choose the corner twin which is spacious. Same friendly staff. It is a eco-friendly hotel offering different options on house keeping arrangement. I am always satisfy with the hotel’s service. I had kept my suitcase before I set off for Oirase. When I checked in on my return, my luggage is already in my room.
The only comment is on their restaurant. The staff really made a lot of noise when handling the tableware or refilling the food.
Another inconvenience is it is difficult to get a taxi there.
A final recommendation is to try the BBQ shop 七輪燒肉.新世界which is opposite to the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
rnt_aomori, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Aomori, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

This time, thank you for staying with Richmond Hotel Aomori.

We look forward to your next visit.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the start of a trip around Aomori.

As other reviews mention, it’s a longish walk from JR Aomori station, but toting just one suitcase, we didn’t mind. The fish market is on the way, and we stopped there for lunch. It’s also not that far from the harbour, and we walked around there before dinner.

The hotel itself was excellent. The room was particularly spacious, compared to the average Japanese “business” hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JasonManikel
rnt_aomori, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Aomori, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Mr. Manikel

Thank you for your comment.
We wre so happy you heve enjoyed your stay in Aomori.

It takes a long distance from station to our hotel on foot,so we are very sorry. Thank you so much for selecting our hotel to stay.We will wait for your next arrival.

If you have any concern, feel free to contact us.

Richmond Hotel Aomori
Front Clerk H.Ono

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Richmond Hotels offer a very robust 3-star experience and this hotel is one of their newer properties. A well-run operation in a good location with professional staff, great service and good quality lodgings at reasonable tariffs ticked pretty well all of our boxes. It falls ever so short of perfection but given what the competition has to offer in Aomori, it’s far and away the best option you'll find here.

The good: well-located near the centre of town about 500 metres from the harbour front. The front desk was ever polite and helpful with reasonable English. Our Hollywood Twin Corner Room was modern, clean. comfortable, spacious and quiet. Most everything expected was there and it all worked as expected. The twin beds were comfortable, the linens crisp and clean and there were enough pillows for each of us to find a favourite. The décor is a tastefully modern chain hotel vanilla and the Hollywood allusion was answered by a small sitting room with vanity desk & make-up mirror.
The compact bathroom is a model of Japanese techo-plumbing efficiency and did everything required of it. The included WiFi worked well on all our devices. There is a guest’s coin-op laundry. The included breakfast @ the evocatively named Brillianterrace Café was a superior and well-serviced buffet of cross-cultural staples. Parking costs ¥900/ day and there are a handful of worthwhile dining options in the hotel building.

The not so good: apart from the fact that there’s no in-room safe and the bathroom was on the small side, there’s little to complain about here.

Need to know: if arriving by car you need to stow it in the mechanical parking stacker which, if you’ve spent some time in Japan, you’ll be familiar with. If not, then just act dumb and the helpful minders will wave you through the process. Just don’t leave anything in the car that you might need later because recovering it is something of a process.

1  Thank Tedstravelblogs
rnt_aomori, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Aomori, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your reviwe. We hope you have enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed, our hotel is about 15min walking distance from Aomori Station, but on the other hand, close to many restaurants and sightseeing spots around the Aomori station. We are really happy to serve you to enjoy the stay in Aomori and Japan. We look forward to seeing you again.
Thannk you very mch for your review.
Arigatougozaimasu.