All reviews outdoor bath ingredients snow ropeway wifi onsen
Selected filters
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Nice hotel, with great room, a bit isolated. The parc around the hotel is beautiful.
The dinner was perfect. Original and good meal.
The breakfast is a buffet, with lot of choice (mainly Japanese style) and good quality
The onsen is simple (2 baths + rotenburo + sauna) but very clean and full equipped.

Date of stay: October 2017
4  Thank David T
Reviewed October 1, 2017

The location is a little bit isolated, but that is part of the charm of the place, it's a perfect way to take a break and stop thinking about the worries of your nomal life. The food is fantastic, I had a meal with 10 different dishes at least and all where local food cooked in a traditional aomori way. The quantity was suprisingly big for japanese standards. The onsen is open almost all night (they take a break of only 1-2 hours) and their rotenburo (japanese open air bath) is great to start the day. Going out of the hotel you are straight into nature if you want to take a walk and admire the red leaves in autumn. The rooms are spacious and some rooms include a traditional wooden bath. Definitely recommend it to recharge your batteries

Date of stay: September 2017
4  Thank Raphael M
Reviewed September 30, 2017

3rd time staying at Hotel Jogakura, and they continue to surprise me. I stayed at Jogakura for a company trip with my colleagues this time. They went out of their way to arrange us tours to nearby attractions and even provided transportation. They take hospitality to different level. The room has nice private onsen made of Hinoki trees. The best highlight from this trip (after their hospitality) was the Autumn leaves. I enjoyed it very much from my balcony. September/October definitely is the best season to visit. Dinner was amazing as always, and I can't thank them enough. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Rooms with private onsen.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank iberico_chang
Reviewed May 16, 2017

My friend recommended me to stay in Hotel Jogakura and - I have to stay - it's the best hotel I've stayed in so far. Everything; the food, atmosphere, hot spring, service was excellent. The hotel catered for my dietary restrictions and slightly changed the menu for me, still delicious nonetheless. I can truly feel freshness of the Aomori ingredients; I am usually a fast eater but I ate their meals slowly because I want to cherish everything I eat... The open bath hot spring was the best I've experienced so far. The view was great, and the temperature is just nice. Room was huge and comfortable, with nice view of the forest. Really makes you feel calm and peaceful.

I will definitely book this hotel again if I go to Aomori again!

Date of stay: April 2017
5  Thank roundshiba
Reviewed April 27, 2017

I really loved the stay at hotel Jogakura!

Friends and I booked a stay for snowboarding trip and few days before our arrival - bam - my recurrent injury returned. This prevented me from enjoying the snow to the fullest :( Since everything was booked already, I just decided to go thinking I'd take it easy in and out of the hotel and join my friends in the evening.

And good that I did!

Hotel Jogakura is a place for true relaxation. Sure, it's not so close to Aomori City but close enough to Hakkoda. And they offer free shuttles to the ropeway. Perfect for me because I like peace and quiet in nature.
(TIP: Make sure you book a shuttle bus pickup 3 days before arrival!!! If it wasn't for one friend noticing that, we would've ended up scrambling for transportation.)

I spent my days either relaxing at the hotel, taking an easy stroll in the area or hopping on a free bus to Aomori station and enjoying their local delicacies (make sure you visit the Fish Market!). Just LOVE the seafood in Aomori. And this is THE place if you want to enjoy deliciously juicy Fuji apples. Yum! Needless to say, Jogakura apple juice was to die for even if a bit pricey.

Hotel itself is very comfortable, wifi in the room was weak, but strong wifi in the lobby. I LOVED their hinoki bath and made sure to take my time in there :) Most of all, I loved their incredibly fresh food. Breakfast offered enough variety, and dinner was a feast. My friends found Jogakura dinner especially refreshing after all day in the snow and I appreciated their fantastic ingredients - very nourishing :) One regret - being unable to use their bouldering wall in my condition (been wanting to try, I guess there will always be another chance).

Finally, I'd love to thank the wonderfully friendly staff. Even if they couldn't speak English perfectly, they'd go out of their way to make sure we were comfortable - I couldn't ask for more. Thank you again!

Date of stay: January 2017