All reviews lobby bathroom train english breakfast station
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2018

里帰りの際に泊まらせていただきました。広いで綺麗なロビーでが印象的でした。普通のプランで行きましたが、ホテルが部屋をサープライズで最上階の眺めの良い広い部屋にアップグレードしてくれまして、大変嬉しかったです。幼児連れで旅行しましたので、大変助かりました。広い浴場で家族とゆっくりお風呂に入ることができ、旅の疲労を癒すことができました。窓から広がる青森湾の風景も絶好でした。部屋の内装は少し昭和の感じでしたが、個人的に好きでした。スタッフの対応が大変親切で良かったです。

場所は青森駅から若干遠いのはちょっとしたデメリットですが、バスが近くに通ります。また、日本のホテルではないのは普通だと思いますが、幼児専用のベッドもあれば有難いと思います。それでも満足に至る宿泊をできました。

In English:

Hotel Aomori is a large, stylish if somewhat old-fashioned hotel in Aomori City. We were impressed by the large, dark-hued lobby of the hotel that greeted us when entering. We had reserved an ordinary room, but the hotel surprised us by providing our family with a large family room on the top floor equipped with a large bath and a beautiful view over Aomori Bay. It was really relaxing, especially to our small child, to have access to a large room and a wide bath to wash awayh the troubles of a day. The room was very clean.

To mention a few negatives, the hotel is a bit far from the station, and we would have liked to have a crib for our child to prevent falling from bed, though I understand not having any is pretty much standard for Japanese hotels.

The staff was very friendly, and overall we had a great experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with moderate expectation placed as being told this is the best hotel in town. Breakfast was OK but the room was tiny and bathroom was what you would expect at a low rate business hotel. Lobby is spacious but the hardware is quite old and outdated not worth the price. Check out time is 11am was a big disappointment and first time experience in my life as normal hotels I have stayed typically set at noon. The issue is probably my expectation being too high and need to recognize, with no offense, that this hotel is in the same ballpark range as Toyoko Inn.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank HarryS2863
Reviewed November 9, 2017

We were really surprised to see the large rooms and large bathrooms, especially for Japan. The highlight is a heated toilet seat—decadence—but very welcome. It is a very clean hotel. The Swan Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel also has a huge banquet rooms. The service staff is very welcoming and are eager to help, but you need to speak slowly because their English is not very strong.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Virginia G
Reviewed December 11, 2016

I stayed here for two nights. It was very comfortable and quiet (except for the sirens that went off for quite some time). I had a wonderful view. The restaurant had delicious items and the breakfast has many options.

Room tip: A room on the higher floors to get a good view
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank SLynnS03
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Went once before in the fall for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Decided to stay again when traveling through for three nights. The hotel has a package that included a taxi pick-up from the airport. Since the airport is 20-30 minutes outside of the city this was especially helpful since I had two big suitcases with me in addition to a carry-on. Navigating the train with all three was not high on my list of things to do while exhausted from traveling. I booked through their website (in Japanese) but left my flight information and other info in English. Their was no confirmation but a taxi driver was there as soon as I stepped into the lobby holding a sign with my name (in Japanese). The driver loaded my luggage into the car and took me straight to the hotel, where he got his ticket (payment) from the front desk so I didn't have to worry about that. The staff is incredibly friendly and nice and helped me with my luggage and also with repeated key card trouble throughout my stay. (My fault entirely putting it in my phone case next to my phone and forgetting this twice). The breakfast is mostly Japanese food and delicious. They give you a breakfast coupon you hand over when you eat. The miso soup and the salad were my favorites. Because it was cold and snowing I only left my room for breakfast and to go to the conbinis. Because of this I requested no maid service and they got fairly worried I might have run out of fresh towels (or possibly trashed the rooms...) they waited till I left the hotel the third day for a conbini run and delivered a bag full of fresh materials to me. (New towels, robe, and other necessities). It was sweet and kind of funny. Although a bit of a walk from the station, the hotel is overall very nice and I've enjoyed my stays there. I will choose the hotel again in the future.

Date of stay: March 2016