All reviews train station colour luggage japan snow
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

While the hotel is older than some, it is very clean and our twin room was large with a fridge, hot water jug, coffee table with comfortable chairs and windows that opened. The breakfast offers a wide range of choices and overall we thought the hotel was exceptional value since it cost much less than any others we stayed at in Japan.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

800m away from the Aomori Train station. Pushing luggage (with wheels) should not be a problem as street is flat. As hotel have only one lift, sometime it do post a longer waiting time during morning breakfast time and check out time (10am)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2018

I stayed here for one night and I have no complaints. I found the staff helpful and extremely polite. The room was small but equipped with everything one needs. The location is also fantastic - right in the heart of this small and beautiful city. Breakfast was plentiful and catered to different tastes. When I visited, Aomori was covered with thick snow and a relentless snowstorm persisted for the entire time I was there, but this hotel provided as a warm retreat from the harsh weather,

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2018

The good:

Nice breakfast buffet, good location on the central street, staff helpful and friendly on the whole.

The bad:

Dated and damaged rooms and dirty looking corridors (especially on the "color floors").

Misinformed staff that demanded to make a copy of my passport or residence card. This is not required by law, and the hotel did not ask Japanese guests for this information (privacy is highly regarded by many people in Japan).

The staff persisted in insisting on this, even when I told them I lived in Japan. This policy from the hotel is clearly discriminates against those who are not Japanese, and left a bad taste in my mouth. For these reasons, I would not visit again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2017

We stayed at Art Hotel Color Aomori for 2 nights from 5th Nov to 7th Nov. The hotel location is not too far and at walkable distance from Aomori JR train station. Staffs were nice and checkin and checkout procedure were fast and smooth. They even gave us a free postcard when we checkedin. The bed was comfortable and the room was cozy. Wifi was fast but disconnected from time to time. The only downside of it was that the aircon/heater temperature was central operated so we couldn't adjust the room temperature ourself. We used the coin-operated washing machine and dryer at the hotel, which only had Japanese instruction but we did managed to get it working! Overall, we were happy with the hotel for the price we paid for.

Date of stay: November 2017