All reviews near the train station service standards hotel chain minutes walk from jr tourist spots complimentary breakfast short walk no frills basic amenities other hotels japanese style museum promenade factory
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2018

Being a member, I have stayed in numerous Toyoko Inns. What one can expect is same standard of clean familiar rooms as well as morning breakfast. So it's the same for this Toyoko Inn which I am staying for the 2nd time. The location is unbeatable, being very close to Aomori Station, just across the Nebuta Warasse museum. However,I cannot help but notice of late the drop in service standards. The counter staff are less than friendly at times. At the lobby counter, I requested for some time (less than minute) as I was topping up money to my debit card in order to make payment.There was no other guest in queue. But I could see her impatience and and unhappy face due to the delay. I also had a less than pleasant encounter when I last stayed Toyoko Inn Hakodate less than a year back. Perhaps a case of having to deal with too many foreign visitors? It's still not all that bad for now. Just that it is something that one would not face 2 years back. I hope Toyoko Inn will take note and works towards service improvement and not let it slide further.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed November 19, 2018

We have stayed in this hotel for several times and the last time being on 27th Oct. We liked this hotel because it was very near to JR Station and within 5 minutes walking distance to the nearby seaside promenade and fresh markets. The hotel provided complimentary breakfast for lodgers as early as at 6.30 am and by doing so, it would definitely facilitate those visitors who want to queue up early at the JR bus-stop in between the hotel and the train station. Last not the least, the front desk staff were doing their duties well and assist the lodgers whenever necessary. Recommended.

Room tip: Rooms on higher floors
Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018

standard, clean, literally at the station. Price is good too. Overall nothing special but the annoying bit comes from the fact that I stayed there for about 4-5 nights and repeatedly asked them not to bother disturbing me to clean the room on nights when I arrived to sleep there at 5 or 6am in the morning because in Japan cleaning schedules are not flexible. The hours must be completed by noon at the latest. At this dumb hotel they don't have a don't disturb sign for the door and so every day the staff would disturb my little valuable sleep and annoyed me greatly. I asked them to leave clean towels at the door and I would leave any garbage I had (almost nothing) outside the door too. This procedure became impossible for the non-flexible staff to deal with! There was no language barrier because I communicated this in Japanese. You can read between the lines. Oh, and when leaving and arriving the key drop/pick up system took far too long as well. Thats why this is average-annoying. Other hotels in the city are better. The breakfast here was also very average and kind of chaotic.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

The check in process was easy but the first room had a horrible fish smell so we changed rooms.
It’s an older hotel and dated small rooms but clean and everything worked. They have an odd key system that tends to pop out of the light sensor which is needed to get the lights on but in the second room we managed to get it to stay in the slot. I have not seen metal keys in ages but it worked.
The included breakfast was Japanese style but very fresh salad and bread and coffee so we were able to put together a nice meal.
The hotel is a short walk to the A factory mall and two fantastic museums. The main town street is very close and you can find good beef and seafood in several small restaurants along the main drag.
The hotel is also very near the train station.
Overall we feel it was a good choice for a short stay with basic low cost accommodation.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2018

We are members of the Toyoko Inn chain. This hotel is very near to JR Aomori station and within minutes of tourist spots near the sea front promenade. Our hotel room was facing the Bay Bridge and ASPAM building. Rather pretty when these sights are lighted at night. Room sizes are clean and acceptable given the very reasonable price which includes complimentary breakfast. Definitely recommended for convenient stay when travelling in Aomori. The hotel is very popular so do book early.

Room tip: Higher floor with Bay Bridge view
Date of stay: May 2018