See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Directly coming to the point. I was checked in into room 8008. Spacious twin room booked for me as a single use room.

Which turned out to be very lucky. The bedroom area and the bathroom (toilet) area are connected via a glass wall/window. Believe it or not, you cannot have the window closed. In case you are traveling with your better half you might run into some severe privacy problems. For me this room would be not acceptable traveling with two people.

This is really a pity as the hotel itself is certainly better than most of the recent reviews. Besides this very unlucky and for me not acceptable bathroom situation if traveling as twosome I would basically recommend this hotel. Suppose you have not the same privacy problem in other rooms.

+ friendly staff
+ spacious room and bathroom
+ very clean
+ quiet

-The spacious room is overloaded with 2 small couches. Personally I would prefer one chair over the couches. Please check out the pictures.
- considering the location and being 700 km away from the capital the price is on the higher side. But still absolutely OK.

- - - The above described visibility problem from the bedroom to the bathroom (toilet)

As I understand and hope other rooms don’t have this issue I just evaluated the hotel with an average 3. Taking just my room into consideration it would be only one out of five.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2016

The hotel is conveniently located, the JR station, Furukawa Fish Market, Nebutaya Warasse and the Seikan Ferry Memorial Ship Hakkodamaru are within 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Rooms in this hotel are old but clean. Most important, the hotel is budget friendly.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel lobby was beautifully decorated, looked like a high end hotel. But the rooms were quite outdated. Some of the lights were not working, it was quite stuffy when we first checked in. The pillow was so flat that even both stacked on top of each other was still too flat. Toilet was spacious and bright but outdated. We had Japanese breakfast provided daily. Food was quite similar daily and was not very tasty. Conveniently located to walk around town and to the train station. English speaking staffs. Ask for WIFI in the room and they will provide a rounter to plug in when you're in the room. There were restaurants outside and around the area. Family Mart is just around the corner on the way to the train station from the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank munkeyflo
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The front desk was kind and helpful. The lobby looked beautiful, but the room was a nightmare. It desperately needed renovation. The floor looked so gross, I didn't want to walk on it. Not one piece of furniture was comfortable in the room. The couch was like sitting on a badly formed cement bench. Beds in Japan are very firm, so you have to expect firm beds. My bed was so uncomfortable and wood like that my husband and I check several times to make sure that they had not accidentally put the box spring on top of the mattress. We just couldn't believe any bed could be that uncomfortable. Weirdly for such a wood like bed, my sagged in the center and tilted a little. It was an instrument of absolute torture. I liked my free western breakfast, but my husband thought his Japanese breakfast did not taste fresh. Do not stay here, until they renovate the rooms.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kanikani2
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is an older hotel which seems to have recently had a really fantastic makeover. I came on business and stayed in a twin room, which was quite sizable by Japanese standards. Great big bed, new TV, nice work desk and great little sofa and coffee table (see picture). Well designed room with great lighting.

Waiting for me in my room when I checked in was a bottle of chilled sparkling wine. For breakfast, I had the choice of eating the buffet breakfast in the restaurant, or having breakfast delivered to my room (choice of Japanese or western breakfast). I chose breakfast in the room and right on time a wonderful Japanese breakfast was brought to my room.

It seems like this hotel specializes in banquets and weddings, and the rooms reflect a bit of romanticism. This would be a great hotel for couples. Solo travelers may be happy with the smaller but more affordable single rooms. Great choice for anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Aomori. I really liked this hotel. 5 minute walk from Aomori Station.

Tip, the air-conditioner control was a little tricky to find for me...it's on the clock/light control panel next to the bed.

Date of stay: September 2011