“All round excellence!”

Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels / Ryokan in Akita
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here back in Apr, and after debating which hotel to book initially, I think I have picked the right choice !

The hotel is only 5min walk from station. Like all other Richmond hotels in Japan (I have stayed in a few), this one is clean, modern, well managed and very good deal for the price I pay (I book direct from hotel website). The room is big enough to fit my luggage, and still have room to walk around. Full amenities in the bathroom. There is even a multiple-purpose mobile charger to charge up your phone with.

I would recommend getting the breakfast package, as there isn't many restaurants around the station, not to mention ones that open in the morning for breakfast .... and speaks English ;-) and the breakfast is very good with the price u pay.

I would definitely come back here if I come to Akita next time. No wonder the Richmond Hotel group gets the hotel management excellence awards year on year. Well deserved!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marcus C
There are newer reviews for Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae

Reviewed April 25, 2013

A very comfortable hotel with only a short walk to the railway station.

The staff were very helpful with excellent English skills. We used the hotel a as abase to explore the countryside of north Honshu.

Would recommend on the basis clean of friendly staff, clean rooms and good value for cost.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The service is fantastic. We were served primarily by Chinda-san (I hope I remembered her name correctly). She spoke good English and she always greets us whenever she sees us. Chinda-san also ensured that we know of the good places to visit and eat in Akita. The hospitality demonstrated by Chinda-san and her colleagues was warm and professional but it never bordered on being excessive. I have visited a fair number of hotels in my life now but Richmond Akita possibly has one of the best service staff that I have ever encountered.

We stayed in a double bedded room. It was spotless and nicely decorated. The management paid some attention to details and this was evident in the room. Examples are: They provided good quality toiletries, there was a spray freshener for our coats and the pillows were comfortable.

We would definitely stay in Richmond Akita again. For the price that we were paying and the service quality, this was an excellent deal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is one of my favorite business hotel in Japan because it's so nice in almost every detail. The hotel is quite modern, both in exterior and interior. The room is large enough and well equipped. I really like the way they decorate the room to make it look cool but not over fancy. The staff is very nice and helpful. They keep apologize to me for "not speaking good English" while I think they are already speaking it quite well. Internet-enabled computers can be found in the lobby. And the hotel is not far from the train station, though it takes a little walk to find a convenience store.

As a picky traveller myself, I only found 2 small issues during my stay. The breakfast still has some room to improve, and the room key sensor is not very responsive. But they are small problems, really. For the price there's nothing to complain, and there are countless other good things one can found in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Poorjar
Reviewed November 3, 2010

This is an excellent hotel that pay attention to small details e.g. internet kiosk in lobby (with a printer!), toiletries that are definitely better quality and a bathtub (despite a small room). It is near JR station and there is a local wet/dry market nearby (along the way to the JR station).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We loved this hotel. It was new this year. Check-in was very quick with lots of staff to help you (no English though). Check-out is through a machine in the lobby. The rooms were fairly good sized, clean and modern. There are two Internet terminals available for free usage. The breakfast was Japanese and had a very good selection. To get to this hotel, exit the west exit of the JR Akita station. Walk under the covered arcade until it ends, take a left at the next intersection and walk two blocks (it'll be on your right). Location is fantastic as it is right in downtown Akita.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed January 11, 2009

This is more than a bussiness hotel, opened January 9th, 2009. If you are used to very small rooms in Japan you will find that this one is not as small than others. The rooms have between 23 - 33 sq.meters. Comfortable rooms with full amenities, small mini mar, good TV set, free internet. Smoking and non smoking rooms available. (Ask for non smoking room) 5 minutes walking from Akita JR Station.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)