See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Super Hotel for three days in total. I would said that this hotel is value for money. The location is good and it takes around 5 minutes walk to station with metro and buses. Hotel design is quite good and the overall feeling is comfortable. The staff is helpful thought they are not speaking with fluent English, they do their best to answer your questions. You can select your own pillow on the date of your arrival and receive a set of toiletry items for your onsen time. I think it’s a good welcome set for visitors. Though the twins bed room I booked is not very big, but I think the room and services are better than what I am expected. I do recommend this hotel to people who go to Takamatsu for a short stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We are frequent Japan travelers from Hong Kong, in these few years we visited Japan for almost 20 times. This is my first time being upset by the services of the hotel.
We stayed for one night with Super Hotel and checked out in the morning of 21st August. We found that our car was being placed with notices showing that we are not allowed to park in the lot. At the first place, we thought there may be some misunderstanding and we tried to explain with the lady in the front desk that we were the guest of the hotel last night. Then, the lady blamed us not follow the rule of the hotel, which is as a guest we have to proactively inform them for the parking. And this parking lot is reserved by another Japanese guest.
To be fair, we were not trying to make excuse on this misunderstanding and agreed to pay the fine for we did not notice the rule and we did parked in a ‘reserved’ lot, even though there was no sign marked as reserved or no cone placing on it. However, we just want to explain to the lady that we were not intentionally to break the rule and she could communicate with the staff who served us last night. Because this staff should saw us parked in the lot at around 11pm while she was feeding the cat, but we were not being informed or alerted at that time. Unfortunately, the lady rejected and was very sure it was our fault, and kept blaming us with bad attitude to make the Japanese guest very angry and saying they can call the police for the illegal parking.
To cut it short, honestly this is our first time heard about this rule. We stayed in different hotels in Japan, all of them are actively ask us how we come there and show us where we could park the car. I am sorry about the Japanese guest being angry, but I hope Super Hotel please do not forget we were also your guests. We are also upset being treated with this kind of attitude from your staff and being humiliated by her during the peak hour in the morning, with many guests having breakfasts next to the front desk. Because of her disputes, we sadly missed our ship which booked to Shodoshima at 9am on 21st August, and all our itinerary on that day was delayed. We truly hope Super Hotel can listen to their guests and being more proactively to ask/ alert their guests instead of blaming the guests.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2017

Just one block away from Kawaramachi station, it is more quiet than the other Super Hotel which located right inside the shopping street. But on the other hand, the hotel is very clean, new and quiet. Breakfast is good with local specialties like Udon and Oiri crispy balls to be added to yoghurt.

Onsen is also quiet and a lot of times can enjoy the onsen all by yourself!!

Room tip: Rooms are small like all super hotel, but large bed, so expect corridor very narrow
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2015

Non-smoking throughout the hotel , is the reason I would choose one of them, there was a hotel receptionist understand Chinese , very good communication. Rooms small but well-equipped , there is a large public bath , but less than the time , I would like to use the time period is male . Free wifi and breakfast, breakfast taste good , but only served until 8:30 would be better to extend the time.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel offered exactly what I needed for a one night stay in Takamatsu. Though it is not exactly close to the main station and the directions offered on the website were not all that helpful, the fact that the building stand out with a massive yellow sign above the other buildings was quite helpful. The breakfast was an actual Japanese breakfast rather than crappy half-western melange of pastries. The room was quite stuffy and the air conditioner had some issues but was largely accommodating. The location is near-by the large tangle of shopping arcades around Takamatsu so offers a pleasant walk back to the main Takamatsu station.

Date of stay: June 2012