All reviews rooms are small minute walk tram stop receptionist convenience opposite luggage temple japan english floor
Reviewed October 31, 2017

As at most hotels in Japan the rooms are small but well equipped and the buffet breakfast offers a choice of European and Japanese dishes. A large shopping mall is across the street and offers a tremendous variety of shops. Matsuyamas biggest attraction is the reconstructed fortress on a hill overlooking the city. A good panoramic view one also gets from the Giant-Wheel on one of the department stores.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for several days during a business trip. It's located on the busy shopping and commercial street in Matsuyama, opposite a large covered mall with lots of small interesting shops. My room was excellent- a little larger than a typical business hotel- with a comfortable bed, good desk for working, and an easily adjustable air conditioner. The bathroom was a good size also, with a variety of amenities.

The hotel was easy to reach, it's directly opposite Okaido tram stop, on the line that runs directly to both the railway station and Dogo Onsen. The trams are very convenient (and excellent value), because Matsuyama is a bit of a sprawl and quite spread out. It takes about 20 minutes on the tram to get to Dogo Onsen- which is a bit of a peculiar onsen- but extremely atmospheric and well worth a visit. The hotel reception is up an escalator from the street (on 2F).

The hotel breakfast was very good, with an enormous selection of different dishes including some more local specialities (various forms of anchovy, the local fish cake, and great orange juice, for which Ehime is famous). The breakfast choices were mainly Japanese-style, though I did notice (but didn't try) a small western-style selection. The staff at breakfast were helpful and efficient.

Overall, the hotel had a great combination of comfort and convenience (location, especially).

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2017

I booked a single room which was rather small but enough space for me to put my luggage on the floor. I laid it wide open beside the bed. The bed was double single I think, quite comfortable too. The bathroom has a tub and it was very clean.

Okaido shopping street is just right across the street. Post office is 2-minute walk away. Tram stop and bus stop are also extremely near.

The front desk receptionists are patient and could understand a fair amount of English. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They stored my luggage for me for half a day after I had checked out.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2016

I stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel is situated near the city center. The experience was very bad. Firstvof all, cleanliness. I found hai in my bed and toilet. There was an unplesant smell rom the toilet. The room was very small and uncomfortable.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

I went to this hotel because close to the castle and the center of the city. Good location for my pleasure touristic trip.
Service people are very kind and helpful.
Room was very clean and comfortable even not too big, But I understood that this is a standard in Japan.
Breakfast in the morning is also for western people.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
mtokyu, チーフ at Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Thank you very much I received available Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel.
We will strive to further improve services even in relation to breakfast.
We also ask that you please use the hotel next time.